Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642676 times)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #1425 on: Feb 09, 2011, 07:41:57 AM »
You have to see this that some one posted over there...

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/atommik/?action=view&current=buggy.mp4   

thems sum lucky boys right there!  id be lying if i said i didnt lol! especially when they showed the guy standing on the bank laughing his arse off.  ;D ;D
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1426 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »
so i went to look at that sled last night and it turned out that to be 2 good to b true wasnt the case....it was a true gem. all original never been wrecked or hell even scratched. EVERYTHING was mint. besides being dusty this machine was 99%. even had the original owners manual, warranty information, tool bag w all the unrusted tools, old arctic cat plug caddy, and track showed no signs of deteoriation. got it home sucked out the old fuel, mixed up some fresh, and 3rd pull she fired right up. once that old fuel worked its way thru and the fresh made its way to the carb this thing ripped. well i havnt put it on snow yet but it sounded great  ;D when i get this ol baby polished up and serviced. ill take some good outdoor pics to show off its real beauty!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #1427 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:35:51 AM »
Wow RR...   That thing is sweet...    Good for you buddy....    Hope you have lots of good times with it.......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1428 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »

thx raq it really was a great score.
if it proves it self reliable this winter ill prob go thru the hassle of getting it registered next yr. should make a killer icefishing sled as the track has metal cleats that run the full width of the track spaced every 6 inches w these narly metal  catpaw looking studs in the middle. should get incredible traction on the ice. only thing is it has never been registered in nys so it may b a pita getting the paperwork straightened out thru the dmv.  >:(

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #1429 on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:07:14 AM »
thx raq it really was a great score.
if it proves it self reliable this winter ill prob go thru the hassle of getting it registered next yr. should make a killer icefishing sled as the track has metal cleats that run the full width of the track spaced every 6 inches w these narly metal  catpaw looking studs in the middle. should get incredible traction on the ice. only thing is it has never been registered in nys so it may b a pita getting the paperwork straightened out thru the dmv.  >:(

Nice find ramrod, looks like new; those olds sleds are great for icefishing, the do real good on bare ice, too. One thing with a machine that old and the newer gas w/ ethanol, be sure to use a good stabilizer in the gas to prevent problems. I have good luck with SeaFoam in all of my motors.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1430 on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:08:28 AM »
Shouldn't be to bad. No titles to mess with on those sleds. Just need all the numbers from it.
Join a club this summer, so your not paying 100+ for the registration.  ;)
Those were bullet proof sleds. When we belonged to a club in the 70's the guys who had those were never broke down or working on them. One thing to check though is the studs that hold the cleats on. They were prone to rust, and throwing cleats. Nice machine!!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1431 on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:18:39 AM »
Great find. I wonder if you can register it as a classic and save any money  8).

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1432 on: Feb 09, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »
she sure is perdy aint she ;) ;)   ill have to track some of that down jj. iv been using the sta-bil ethanol treatment but im starting to run low. ill give the seafoam a go. thx!

upstate thats reassuring hearing that they were a reliable sled during their prime. iv heard they had some problems w the cleats especially if only one side was to break free. i imagine it would shred that alum tunnel in a hurry w that big chunk of steel flying around in there.

going to make a dreaded visit to the dmv after work so ill run the classic thing by em. im not sure if its the same as classic cars or not. im hoping thats the case as i hear registering a sled is a bit costly compared to wheelers.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1433 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
Join the local club, for 20-30 and the reg is half.  ;) Saves 20.00 or so.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #1434 on: Feb 09, 2011, 11:48:51 AM »
That's a show piece/collector's sled RR. Wow Gem's like that don't come along too often.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1435 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
I'll give you more than double what you paid.  How does 500 sound?    8)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #1436 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
I was thinking its gonna cost a fortun to register it...  Ill give you $550.     ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1437 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »
I was thinking its gonna cost a fortun to register it...  Ill give you $550.     ;D

i found one on craigslist that claims to b mint and their asking $1500.  hahahaha. prob y it was listed on dec28 and is still on there. there are other ones in running condition for between 600 and 800. i could prob sell the seat for what i paid for the whole thing.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #1438 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:48:01 PM »
Every once in a while a deal like this will come along, Glad you were there for it.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1439 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:00:05 PM »
Every once in a while a deal like this will come along, Glad you were there for it.
yea no doubt!! your right about the show piece tho. ill b a little hesitant to make a run threw the woods with it.  ::)        dont wanna scratch it ;) ;)
normally im the one that hears about the deal a day late.
ex... a good friend of mine i shoot trap with told me on a monday that he sold his stainless ruger single6 w both cylinders(.22lr+.22mag) for $150 at the gun show the prior sat cuz he never used it and just wanted to get rid of it.  >:(
in that case i was 2 days late :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal