Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642807 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #1230 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:42:52 AM »
Hey - what do you call a guy with his arm up a horse's butt?
Amish mechanic!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1231 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about the Raquette ride.

LOL Chucker.

I am about to go ballistic and need to vent. As some may know I am a Realtor(I'll wait while you finish laughing ;D).  I am sick and tired off dealing with banks handling foreclosures. The banks just do as they please and the purchaser just has to deal with it. My client signed an addendum from the bank at the end of last week. Now mind you the bank doesn't send the bank addendum to you until the contract is mutually agreed upon. Which they wont sign off on till after you sign their addendum. Why would they do this? Oh just in case another offer comes in that way they can start a bidding war since they are not locked into anything. So today I am expecting the addendum to come back signed by the bank. I get an email from the banks agent telling me they will not pay for a home warranty as originally agreed upon. >:( We had also asked for a 1,000 for FHA repairs if any should arise in the Home Inspection and now they are backing out of that too. >:(. Why am I mad, because my client either excepts it or moves on since its a bank. Which he excepted but thinks it ridiculous. So since these morons couldn't figure that out a week ago when we were countering the offer back and forth. Now another offer could come in again while they take there damn good time to sign off on it. Not to mention the timeframe to do the home inspection already started last week(1/27) when my client signed their addendum. We have ten days to do it and the bank still has not signed their own addendum. ::) Also the water still need to be turned on to do the inspection. ::) Someone needs to get their.......

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #1232 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:46:48 PM »
Local bank, or honking big bank?  You'd think they'd want the dough to get another house off of their books.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1233 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Local bank, or honking big bank?  You'd think they'd want the dough to get another house off of their books.
Big Bank good ole Fannie Mae. Dont ask me how it happened but there are different rules for Banks and Sellers. The time frames in the contract only apply to normal people not the banks. If the bank doesnt get something done in time oh well the purchaser will just have to sign an extension. The purchaser does that and they are beating down the door to keep their deposit.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1234 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »
A few pictures of what I was doing last Friday.

Thought the Flag standing proud through all of it was a testament to what our country is.
Along the point these pictures were taken I was at the front of the building with one of our young assistants. We had pulled windows and the door and were running hand lines. Until the porch just got unsafe to be around. They gave the ole fart the 2 1/2". I set it on the ground and straddled it and poured the water to it.
Then just before the last picture we attacked the post office and went to get the safe. But until we cut it off from the house I wouldn't go back in. Not worth it.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1235 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:06:56 PM »
Wow I bet that does get the ticker going.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #1236 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
Very scary......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #1237 on: Jan 31, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »
Really have to watch the roof with all that extra weight up there too. Fire's are tough any time but winter magnifies everything.Ice,snow and cold are not our friend on a worker like that.

Dom are you going to change the tierod end yourself? There is no reason you can't count the turn's taking it out and put the new one in the same #. The only alignment setting that will change is Toe-in. That can be checked & adjusted with a tape measure on any flat floor. I know it's easy for me to say because I did all this stuff in a previous life. ;D ;D ;D  If you can change a gas tank you can change a tie rod end. F150 maybe? Can't remember.

Drobs- Big guy's don't care about the little guy. it's all about $$$$$$$$$$. ???
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1238 on: Jan 31, 2011, 02:45:04 PM »
Raquette was going to wait till this weekend and get you to help him Bog. ;D ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #1239 on: Jan 31, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »
Raquette was going to wait till this weekend and get you to help him Bog. ;D ;D

That'll be alright. Does he have the fork to seperate it and a Big Hammer? I could bring one with me. I just didn't want him spending all his stuffed animal $ before he got to 4th on the 4th,5th and 6th.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1240 on: Jan 31, 2011, 02:56:55 PM »
I dont know I was just messing around. ;) ;D I will say that is an excellent offer on your part, not that I expected any less from a man like yourself.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #1241 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »
I'm gonna change it myself...   Just thought it would be better if I have the pro's  toe it in....     I just put new rubber on it this morning that's how I noticed it...

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #1242 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »
Yup and if you can get under it and not move the wheel at all, the toe should be pretty darn close.
Just don't for get the grease...I did that when I was in high school on my Buick. Didn't last long... :P

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #1243 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
If it's off a hair you won't wear the new tire's much on the SNOW covered road anyway. ;D ;D ;D  More coming I guess. Wouldn't hurt to have the whole thing lined up if you just did new rubber. Might pay for itself in reduced tire wear over there life.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #1244 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
61,000 miles and my 3rd set of tires is kind of silly... :o :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal