Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643050 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #225 on: Oct 15, 2010, 08:52:12 PM »
Bog's turning in, Full day planned tommorrow. Good luck to all the guy's with the deer opener tommorrow.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #226 on: Oct 15, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »
Thinking thats a good idea. Maybe go try to shoot one tomorrow....

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #227 on: Oct 15, 2010, 08:56:18 PM »
WAIT WERE WE TALKING ABOUT ROOFING OR GREATFUL DEAD SONGS???  I DONT KNOW...    GOOD NIGHT BROTHERS...................WALTER OUT.. 8)
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010, 05:27:36 AM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #228 on: Oct 16, 2010, 06:47:35 AM »
Other than the one you just taught us I don't knoow any Dead song's.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #229 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:08:22 AM »
Nope, weeelll maybe "Dead Skunk In The Middle Of The Road"..... :o
Reminds me of a night in my youth....after spending time at a local watering hole, we were driving home. (yeah I know)...
This raccoon runs out into the road and does circles right in front of us.....Thump....We all just kind of looked at each other(some laughter may have followed)
Not that it is right..... :-\ But a carload of 18 year olds mind you..... :-[

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #230 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:33:40 AM »
But you can paint in June..... :o  Theres a reason they call it going GREEN....It costs a lot of it..... ;D
I use to be a painter back in my younger days.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #231 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:46:33 AM »
Nothin wrong with that DRob. Some good money in it. It's a tough occupation around here because of the weather. Hard to find good windows to
start a larger project.  ;)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #232 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:50:34 AM »
Nothin wrong with that DRob. Some good money in it. It's a tough occupation around here because of the weather. Hard to find good windows to
start a larger project.  ;)

Yeah it was a pretty good trade to learn. As Bog says he hates to paint and most do. Sorry I wasnt closer Bogman I have a paint sprayer.

halfrack33

« Reply #233 on: Oct 16, 2010, 08:52:41 AM »
Status: just got in a fight with my stupid immigrant neighbor about feeding the deer. Moat likely will be spending the next couple weeks finding where he baits them so I can call Dec. Getting really tired of all yhe crap, working to find great runways only to find out hes back from Poland and feeding them so I don't see anything. Maybe I should just stick to fishing

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #234 on: Oct 16, 2010, 09:02:39 AM »
Nope your going to keep hunting!! As well as turning the guy in!! If he is admitting to you he is feeding deer, make the call. You don't need to see it,
remember you could get a ticket for tresspassing if your going on his land to look. Let DEC do that. Maybe just them visiting the fellow will be enough to stop him...

halfrack33

« Reply #235 on: Oct 16, 2010, 10:14:41 AM »
Nope your going to keep hunting!! As well as turning the guy in!! If he is admitting to you he is feeding deer, make the call. You don't need to see it,
remember you could get a ticket for tresspassing if your going on his land to look. Let DEC do that. Maybe just them visiting the fellow will be enough to stop him...

Not even his land. They've come before when someone calls but just shook their finger at him. I've taken several troughs out of the woods but now I'm going to wait for actual proof so something is done

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #236 on: Oct 16, 2010, 10:22:01 AM »
Punch him the face halfrack. What is wrong with people.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #237 on: Oct 16, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »
Would a call to the actual land owner do anything?
I would call Steve Delarosa personally. He is a good officer, and takes these calls very seriously.
Not that they will quit doing it. I'm sure the people I have had a problem with before are still doing it.
Some people will just pay the fines and go on. What we really need is for the judicial system to start making examples, and throwing people in jail.
As well as the fines. We have just become a large group of Doctor Spocks!!! Now Billy, take a time out and don't do that again..... >:(

halfrack33

« Reply #238 on: Oct 16, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »
It's privately owned. It was purchased and partially logged with intentions to subdivide and build on but they never could get approval. Surrounding neighbors are allowed to use it as long as there is no turmoil. I don't want to start problems then have posted signs POP up all over. That's why I've held off calling for the last few years

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #239 on: Oct 16, 2010, 11:28:13 AM »
Well as I see it, the owners should be happy your watching it for them. As the guy(s) who are doing illegal things are no doubt not the ones who would get caught or punished...the land owner would. So maybe it would be cool to have posted signs yet, your the only one who has permission to hunt it.... ;)
Just because it's posted doesn't mean you can't ever hunt it. Some land owners feel if they have someone looking out for their land they should have
exclusive rights to it. Wouldn't hurt to have a chat with them. You can fill them in on who should be allowed to use it and who shouldn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal