Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643126 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #14880 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:05:03 AM »
I am going to apply for some when I get back to work tomorrow..... ;D ;D ;D

LMAO.....Is that a state course????

Would really be funny to find out the woman posting everyone's salaries...was a doctor or something....Like they earn all their money...Kind of like the one that came in to see the wife yesterday....She says we are changing your antibiotic...OK....Are you allergic to penicillin??? Not that we are aware of.....OK....So what is it that you have???
That's when the grumpy Upstate guy showed himself....Your checking a patient on your rounds....your changing their meds...and you don't know what they have?? Really........Well there is a reason the patient is in isolation...might want to read their chart next time....or at least talk to her regular physician.....I may just be a hardware clerk and a fireman, but a layman would probably try to find out what is going on before changing meds??? Maybe she needs to go for more training?????
I agree...these politicians who have huge salaries, and large payments from special interest groups....need to go....go back to the start of our government...you are chosen to represent as an honor, and volunteer to do so....

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14881 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:10:16 AM »
And I bet none of them is out of fuel again like I am....AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGG  Off to get some in cans.... >:( >:( >:(

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #14882 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:51:06 AM »
I agree...these politicians who have huge salaries, and large payments from special interest groups....need to go....go back to the start of our government...you are chosen to represent as an honor, and volunteer to do so....

ALL political positions need term limits.  There is no way around it.  You get two chances and you're out.  From the mayor of Nowhereville to the president.  If we vote for you then you only have two terms.  Our founding fathers never meant for the government to be a career path for the rich and stupid.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14883 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
Figured I would post here with this.....

Fished with a machine today....He is humble as all get out....but I've never watched another person who could out fish him....and I've seen a lot of good fishing people....Think he ended the day...6 hours really....with a dozen?
And either lost or missed double that.....They were hitting short...but he could entice them to hit....
I did catch a fish so no skunk....But after watching him at work, I've got a lot to learn....time to re group...and set goals....LOL   

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #14884 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »
Hey, the important thing is you got out and fished  ;)  I've yet to make my first trip this year   ::)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14885 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
Yes it was...with everything that has been going on here in the last month...it was just what i needed....
Auger ran good...cut decent...so it was all good...
LOL...have my stuff inside now....working on a new set up....LOL....doesn't mean I'll catch more fish...but at least it is keeping my mind happy... ;D ;D ;D

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #14886 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
I fished with a machine, my Garmin FF, and it tells me all I need to make them bite. ;) The weather was great, sleeping in and a 9 am start didn't seem to hurt. The lakers were in the mood, hitting more than once(one hit 4 times) and I didn't need to change my lure. Good company out there, too. I won't mention the missed opportunities, those lakers know to bite when you aren't paying attention; the scenery is distracting. 8)

Fish on:
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #14887 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:10:18 PM »

Don't worry Scott , I had a stinker of a day as well  ;)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14888 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:14:23 PM »
OH...mine didn't stink at all...far from it....was as enjoyable as any day I've been out.....Got to learn a lot...and where I usually fish, we don't get a lot of chances to be on 6-7" of ice that clear....and my nerves took about 10 notches down.....Did get a little frustrated when one snapped my line though....lost the only lure that was kind of working for me...LOL I know where there are more of them..... ;)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #14889 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:15:42 PM »
OH...mine didn't stink at all...far from it....was as enjoyable as any day I've been out.....Got to learn a lot...and where I usually fish, we don't get a lot of chances to be on 6-7" of ice that clear....and my nerves took about 10 notches down.....Did get a little frustrated when one snapped my line though....lost the only lure that was kind of working for me...LOL I know where there are more of them..... ;)
Oh , I ment as far as putting fish on the ice lol . No day fishing is a stinker .
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14890 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »
Ain't it the truth....Everyone needs those days away from it all to just relax and enjoy what nature offers the soul 8) 8)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #14891 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:30:01 PM »
Ain't it the truth....Everyone needs those days away from it all to just relax and enjoy what nature offers the soul 8) 8)

Exactly this.  I can stand out back like a drooling idiot for half an hour, and happily watch the geese come in to roost every night.  I remember once about four-five years ago, I took most of the day off to go pop some holes, and my boss asked me to think about how to handle a problem we were trying to address before the next day.  She asked me the next day how it went, I couldn't remember thinking about it at all.  I was the only guy on the lake, and my mind was completely empty all day.   8)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #14892 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:43:15 PM »
Exactly this.  I can stand out back like a drooling idiot for half an hour, and happily watch the geese come in to roost every night.  I remember once about four-five years ago, I took most of the day off to go pop some holes, and my boss asked me to think about how to handle a problem we were trying to address before the next day.  She asked me the next day how it went, I couldn't remember thinking about it at all.  I was the only guy on the lake, and my mind was completely empty all day.   8)

Do the same thing except I'll be in the woods listening to what it has to offer  :) :)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #14893 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »
My mind is empty most days lol  :o :o ;D

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #14894 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:49:45 PM »
You keeping yourself occupied Mookie

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal