Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643024 times)

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #13305 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
         It's funny now that it's over! :D

yep....its funny......now that it is over

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13306 on: Nov 14, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »
Because I'm sitting at my desk and looking for some entertainment. ;D  This place is usually good for laughs all day long!

For example; I sent my 13 year old son out to start the grill last night.  He turned on the tank, turned on the burners, then came inside and told me he started it.  I went out 10 minutes later and seen that the temp gauge was 0, figured he either did it wrong or it went out, and hit the ignition button.  BOOM!  Blew my a$$ up!  One of the beagles snuck out when I opened the door, I found her under the car shaking like a leaf 10 minutes later!  Good news, the nurse said my eyebrows will grow back in a couple days, and I'm sporting a nice tan. ::)
That's crazy, glad you weren't injured. Now your eyebrows will grow back nice and bushy. ;D ;D Sorry bad humor there.

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #13307 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:18:18 AM »
I'm still laughing!  I could fill a thread of stupid crap like this that we've done over the years.  :o

On a side note, coming back from the lake last night we seen a slammer buck hit by a car.  It was easily around the 200 pound mark and had a 120+ rack.  It was on the north side of Oneida just south of the throughway bridge.  That's the fourth big buck I've seen there in the past 5 years.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #13308 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:26:32 AM »
I'm still laughing!  I could fill a thread of stupid crap like this that we've done over the years.  :o

On a side note, coming back from the lake last night we seen a slammer buck hit by a car.  It was easily around the 200 pound mark and had a 120+ rack.  It was on the north side of Oneida just south of the throughway bridge.  That's the fourth big buck I've seen there in the past 5 years.

Funny I saw that one last night too.  He was huge.....nice hiding spot right on city limits....they used to get that big on the other side of P and C too when there was woods there and not a house for the disabled.  Was brought up over their and saw plenty that size growing up..

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #13309 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »
Only 5 more months....     ;D ;D

"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #13310 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:06:30 AM »
Funny I saw that one last night too.  He was huge.....nice hiding spot right on city limits....they used to get that big on the other side of P and C too when there was woods there and not a house for the disabled.  Was brought up over their and saw plenty that size growing up..

That area holds some big bucks!  That's the second one I've seen that size there, and probably the tenth deer I've seen hit in that short stretch of road (from the throughway bridge to the railroad bridge).  I had a buck with a smaller body, but a larger rack cross in front of me right in front of Rocks and Blocks two years ago.  He was coming from the tracks heading north.  I've seen three other 100+ class bucks in that same stretch, along with a hand full of small bucks.  Who would think that area would have the deer it does.

Looking forward to the pictures Dom!
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 08:10:36 AM by OTIS »

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #13311 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »
That area holds some big bucks!  That's the second one I've seen that size there, and probably the tenth deer I've seen hit in that short stretch of road (from the throughway bridge to the railroad bridge).  I had a buck with a smaller body, but a larger rack cross in front of me right in front of Rocks and Blocks two years ago.  He was coming from the tracks heading north.  I've seen three other 100+ class bucks in that same stretch, along with a hand full of small bucks.  Who would think that area would have the deer it does.

Yeah one might think that it wouldn't hold that great a deer however because they can not be hunting I am guessing they feel safe.  Therefore they can grow pretty big....Cobb Street does hold some good size ones for sure so does the Jehovah Witnessess area as well near Grand St.  Or at least it did at one time.  There are plenty of Tom's around that area too....some good size ones.....

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #13312 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
Yeah one might think that it wouldn't hold that great a deer however because they can not be hunting I am guessing they feel safe.  Therefore they can grow pretty big....Cobb Street does hold some good size ones for sure so does the Jehovah Witnessess area as well near Grand St.  Or at least it did at one time.  There are plenty of Tom's around that area too....some good size ones.....

Is the throughway the city border?  I may have to look into this a little closer... ???

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #13313 on: Nov 15, 2012, 10:14:05 AM »
Is the throughway the city border?  I may have to look into this a little closer... ???

yes I believe it is with butting up with Durhamville on Lake Road....I know you can hunt the canal street area of Oneida but not sure about what is at the Klishes blueberry farm.  You can ask the Klishes but I think all the boys hunt that area pretty hard.....(at least they used to)

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #13314 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:02:46 PM »
It's those bridges again....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #13315 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »
Wow...   35 members on at the same time.... ;D ;D
1 Guest, 35 Users
bowgunner, Raquettedacker, Green Mountian Hunter, TallywackahME, eyehi, Fishcaptain1, jd33, loonyone, bambi slayer, hookon, deerme, makopower10, bigb2004, upstatehunter, Chucker, AugustWest, gump, ship of fools, HARVEST BOON, bassranger, bogmanjr, BigBuckTaker16, trying to get my first, kevinmaine3, longbeardking, caroga kid, 30-30, matthewwoo25, nh archer, johndeere540, Aziscohosbuck, dt5150, POk3s, CAPTJJ, BigShootem
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 05:58:54 PM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13316 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »
Not a lot of dead deer posting though..... :o :o :o :o

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #13317 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:32:57 PM »
Stupid deer.......fast cows my AZZ....cows are way more predictable. Deer are more like women.....never know what they will do or want. ::)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13318 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:39:35 PM »
That they are.....gets harder to charm them as you get older too.... ;)

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #13319 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »
Deer are more like women.....never know what they will do or want. ::)

i resemble that remark

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal