Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642668 times)

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #12510 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:05:14 PM »
Lucky me  ::). My friend who has a interview next week is an exMarine.

I never served in the Marine Corps - But I thought there was no such thing as an "ex marine"....  But how can adding a marine to the company be bad?
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #12511 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:09:40 PM »
I never served in the Marine Corps - But I thought there was no such thing as an "ex marine"....  But how can adding a marine to the company be bad?

You are correct.  8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #12512 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:15:42 PM »
exMarine.

OH NO....   I have a friend who is retired  (6 years) Marine and he is not EX...   Marine shirts and sweat shirts and that dumb Marine Coin in his pocket all the time..   Once a Marine always a Marine..      8) 8)
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12513 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »

Okay, he's a marine. I didn't say it was bad, just won't work in my favor if they have a preference for military training.

OH NO....   I have a friend who is retired  (6 years) Marine and he is not EX...   Marine shirts and sweat shirts and that dumb Marine Coin in his pocket all the time..   Once a Marine always a Marine..      8) 8)

There's the difference, you would never know my friend ever served unless it came up in conversation.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012, 06:20:49 PM by stka »

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #12514 on: Sep 28, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »

As I remember it, even if you were in the navy, you were always a sailor, same as army & so. Uh oh I went to military school, then I went in the Navy, no wonder I'm all screwed up! ::)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #12515 on: Sep 28, 2012, 07:18:37 PM »
        As I remember it, even if you were in the navy, you were always a sailor, same as army & so. Uh oh I went to military school, then I went in the Navy, no wonder I'm all screwed up! ::)

LOL your alright Jeff..... 8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #12516 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:17:07 PM »
Turned on the heat which means starting the wood stove for the first time this season......    High of 49* wind, rain and fog all day.....   Now its a balmy 81* inside and we have the windows open..... :o :o   Go figure...    8) 8)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #12517 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
Turned on the heat which means starting the wood stove for the first time this season......    High of 49* wind, rain and fog all day.....   Now its a balmy 81* inside and we have the windows open..... :o :o   Go figure...    8) 8)
Awwwww suckey SUCKEY NOW  ;D I'm lookin at a HearthStone Now that I own the Joint .... Can't wait for a wood stove 's heat  8)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12518 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »
Awwwww suckey SUCKEY NOW  ;D I'm lookin at a HearthStone Now that I own the Joint .... Can't wait for a wood stove 's heat  8)
Yep there will be some talking.  :o;D ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #12519 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
LOL I have been shivering under a blanket and MOM keeps opening doors.......I finally took the handle off the back door so she couldnt open it  ::)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12520 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:30:50 PM »
LOL I have been shivering under a blanket and MOM keeps opening doors.......I finally took the handle off the back door so she couldnt open it  ::)
Maybe she is ready for some spooning. ;D ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #12521 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:32:03 PM »
Awwwww suckey SUCKEY NOW  ;D 

Not real sure what that means...... :o :o
But  if you want wood heat get one of these..  Thats what I have.....
  http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200395370_200395370   

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #12522 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »

But I love the bed room so you can see your breath and lots of blankets.....   No spooning or cuddling just blankets....

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #12523 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »

Nice unit , however the stove I'm lookin at is 200 clams ..... When Lisa and I build tho ......
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #12524 on: Sep 28, 2012, 08:39:05 PM »

But I love the bed room so you can see your breath and lots of blankets.....   No spooning or cuddling just blankets....

Cold sleeping is cool......watching tv in the living room not so much ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal