Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642858 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #11715 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:26:11 PM »
Ohh...all my friends that are like it but they don't like the fact that they never get to hunt and fish...
I am willing to sacrifice it for the job. Plus our season is long enough to still get to hunt. Not as much as I do now but most probably don't hunt as much as I do anyway.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2012, 08:27:50 PM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #11716 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:28:51 PM »
Ohh...all my friends that are like it but they don't like the fact that they never get to hunt and fish...thats what I use to want to do until I realized that... :o

Easy now, that is what I said and Bog told me I was crushing a young man's dreams ::) ;D
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #11717 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:32:36 PM »
It is respectable...at least MD is hiring...NY is on a hiring freeze until oh...probably...forever...lol
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #11718 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »
I think he said MD is NOT hiring either that is why he is going to printing for a bit..... I am pumped for ya Dave as long as you see less woods time in the schme of things but find it worth it to do that job that is awesome. Good for you!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11719 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »
Quote from: huntny30 link=topic=4507.msg143958#msg143958 date=
...NY is on a hiring freeze until oh...probably...forever...lol
[/quote
My area needs more game wardens...we only have a few and our county is huge.....last time someone filed a complaint they responded 2 weeks later  :o

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11720 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »
It is respectable...at least MD is hiring...NY is on a hiring freeze until oh...probably...forever...lol
MD DNR is not hiring right now that is why I am going to go with the printing company for now. :( I plan on volunteering with them to have an advantage when they do start hiring. I have outstanding references. I also plan on talking to one of my neighbors who is retired DNR to see if he may be able to help me. His son is married to one of my friends mother.

Thanks AA. :)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #11721 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
[quote author=huntny30 link=topic=4507.msg143958#msg143958 date=
...NY is on a hiring freeze until oh...probably...forever...lol

My area needs more game wardens...we only have a few and our county is huge.....last time someone filed a complaint they responded 2 weeks later  :o

They are all in Pulaski chasing illegal Salmon fishermen...Forest Rangers are spread even thinner...9 cover 31 counties...they spend most of their time trying to catch people making meth or other weird drugs on state land...
John Wayne

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11722 on: Aug 16, 2012, 09:18:34 PM »
I always wondered what forest rangers had for responsibilities.....I figured they did lots of search and rescue missions.....apparently there is enough wardens in cranberry lake last ice derby we attended there was 4 or 5 checking people driving off the ice......may be due to  the ranger school being nearby

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #11723 on: Aug 17, 2012, 04:29:43 AM »

Funny Game Warden story. A long time ago I used to raise pigs, well 1 yr. a week after hunting season was over, it was time to slaughter my hogs. After the task was done I was going to transport the carcasses to get cut, smoked & wrapped, I instructed my sons to take the skins & guts down into the woods to discard, as kids are they didn't do as I asked. After i got back I went straight into the house to watch a football game. After about a 1/2 hour, there was a knock on the door, there stood a game warden & another 1 was over @ the barn looking around. The 1 @ the door started to explain that a county sheriff had drove by & saw the blood trail in & out of the barn, there was snow on the ground, & thought that I had maybe shot a deer out of season & dragged into the barn to cut up. They saw the hog skins & guts in the wheel barrow & were satisfied that no illeagle activity had happened. My response to the GW was "Why didn't the sheriff stop, for all he knew I could have killed someone" His reply was
"We have more jurisdiction than a sheriff"  It just seemed a waste of time to call the GE's, he could have stopped, then if he found that I had taken a deer out of season, he could have called the GW's, unless there is some other legality in play. My point is, that time & money could have been saved. 

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11724 on: Aug 17, 2012, 04:38:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about your Dad Dave. I hope everything works out well for you bud. Cheeks out!!! 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012, 04:39:12 AM by Cheeks13 »
"You see it your way... I see it the way it is."

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11725 on: Aug 17, 2012, 04:43:33 AM »
Two members have pictures in the new NY regulations fishing guide...   Cheeks and 30-30..... Congratulations guys...
I had no idea I was in the fishing regulations guide. I will be signing autographs at the Bogman BBQ. 8) ;D I wonder when the royalties will kick in? I need some new downriggers. ::) ;D Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #11726 on: Aug 17, 2012, 05:41:30 AM »
Cheeks, you don't need downriggers. Just add bases to your boat and borrow riggers from a friend....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11727 on: Aug 17, 2012, 05:43:24 AM »
Gotta one up him, it's what we do. ;D Cheeks out!!! 8)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #11728 on: Aug 17, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »
Gotta one up him, it's what we do. ;D Cheeks out!!! 8)

::) ::) ::) ::)
John Wayne

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11729 on: Aug 17, 2012, 06:11:15 AM »
We need to go on a river boat gambling trip to cross that off the list. ;D That's the only one left. ;D Cheeks out!!! 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal