Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642969 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #11625 on: Aug 11, 2012, 07:50:19 AM »
Off to cut the parents grass, catch you all later.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11626 on: Aug 11, 2012, 06:05:16 PM »
Just made some killer green beans.  Fine chopped a piece of bacon and browned it up.  Drained off the grease, and sauteed a bit of chopped onion.  Toasted some almond slivers in there, too.  Steamed the green beans in salted water, then drained those.  Tossed everything together with some thyme, garlic, black pepper, and olive oil. 

I would have taken a picture, but right now all you'd see is an empty corningware bowl with a few specks of pepper in it.   8)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #11627 on: Aug 11, 2012, 07:11:53 PM »

mmmmmmmmmm  Sounds good! ;D

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #11628 on: Aug 12, 2012, 06:50:54 AM »
Does sound good , Fresh garden beans yup  ;D ;D

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #11629 on: Aug 12, 2012, 08:05:22 AM »

Dom posted some good news "over there "  ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #11630 on: Aug 12, 2012, 08:14:51 AM »

Dom posted some good news "over there "  ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)
What's that

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11632 on: Aug 12, 2012, 10:46:39 PM »
Cant sleep......Thank god for shark week. ;D ;D

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #11633 on: Aug 13, 2012, 01:20:16 AM »

Just found out yesterday that my niece is getting married, the problem is the wedding is during hunting season, the weekend after our trip to Maine, the problem the wedding is in South Carolina, & I cant afford to go to Maine & S.C.. So I think I'm going to have to forego the hunting trip. :( I know what a lot of you guys are thinking, but our side of the family is small & my brother really wants us to be there. It just gives me more hunting time around here! ;)

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #11634 on: Aug 13, 2012, 03:48:47 AM »
What  :'( :'( :'( A family thing is the most important thing , I sure do know one thing old buddy SURE AM GOING TO MISS YOU
at camp this year  ??? ??? :'(

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11635 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:36:06 AM »
Going to SC means you just need to look into non-resident tags to hunt in Dixie!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #11636 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:48:17 AM »
            the problem is the wedding is during hunting season, the weekend after our trip to Maine, the problem the wedding is in South Carolina, & I cant afford to go to Maine & S.C.. So I think I'm going to have to forego the hunting trip.

I got married on the opening day of Maine deer hunting season in 1990 - A lot of missing husbands, who were chasing whitetails.  I completely understood - And I bet your neice would as well....  :D
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline Cheeks13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11637 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:00:14 AM »
Family first. There will be plenty of opportunities to hunt, but your niece's big day is a once in a lifetime type thing. Think of how much happier she will be knowing you chose her over a hunting trip. Just my 2cents. Cheeks out!!! 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2012, 07:17:25 AM by Cheeks13 »
"You see it your way... I see it the way it is."

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #11638 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:47:27 AM »
Family first. There will be plenty of opportunities to hunt, but your niece's big day is a once in a lifetime type thing. Think of how much happier she will be knowing you chose her over hunting trip. Just my 2cents. Cheeks out!!! 8)
Thanks, that's the response I was hoping to get. Our side of the family is small & it is important to her enough to want us there. The thing is that my brother & his family aren't hunters or fishermen & women like me & my kids are, so the would not understand not to show for a hunting trip. I will still be able to hunt just not in Maine, and as some of you know , brace for example, the hunting up where are camp is has not produced a great # of deer in the last few yrs. due to the heavy snow falls they have had, winter deer kill. The good hunting will come back, nature has a way of doing things like that.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11639 on: Aug 13, 2012, 06:54:49 AM »
There are more deer in SC than MD. ;) I know some guys from here that hunt down there every year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal