Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643094 times)

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #11355 on: Jul 30, 2012, 06:33:48 AM »
Seeing the same over here with the walleyes. Not sure what to make of it. How does 1 winter with very little ice fishing pressure, help the fishing? .....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11356 on: Jul 30, 2012, 06:47:55 AM »
Kind of tells me that a good number of ice fisherpeople (not even sure that is the right term)LOL are taking fish that are under the size limit.....
Some lakes may benefit from that....others....not so much.....Or my other thought is that on large bodies of water, more people fish them when there is ice...they can get out on it....even if they don't own a boat....Lakes like Lake George and Sacandaga are more pleasure craft related in summer, more fishing related in winter.....I know I can fish both in the winter....just walk out and fish....I don't own a boat to fish in the summer....
Would be interesting if someone charted that statistic....leaning more toward the second thought, want to believe all sports people are honest... ;D ;D

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #11357 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:12:32 AM »
wow nice lakers JJ...

Luke

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11358 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »
Seeing the same over here with the walleyes. Not sure what to make of it. How does 1 winter with very little ice fishing pressure, help the fishing? .....hunts2long

There's much more pressure on LG in the winter so I think you get a one year bump is the size. I only fished the one weekend but the average size seemed 1-2" bigger than the past couple years.

Imagine the perch size after two years of very little ice fishing.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11359 on: Jul 30, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »
Nice fishes CaptJJ. Clients look happy. 8)

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #11360 on: Jul 30, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »
I agree, More people fishing the ice. I just don't think the fish grow that much in one season. I know the lake has been full of baitfish. I can see them getting fatter, but not grow in length that I am seeing over the last year. Maybe I am becoming a better fishermen....lol....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #11361 on: Jul 30, 2012, 04:56:08 PM »
Kind of tells me that a good number of ice fisherpeople (not even sure that is the right term)LOL are taking fish that are under the size limit.....
Some lakes may benefit from that....others....not so much.....Or my other thought is that on large bodies of water, more people fish them when there is ice...they can get out on it....even if they don't own a boat....Lakes like Lake George and Sacandaga are more pleasure craft related in summer, more fishing related in winter.....I know I can fish both in the winter....just walk out and fish....I don't own a boat to fish in the summer....
Would be interesting if someone charted that statistic....leaning more toward the second thought, want to believe all sports people are honest... ;D ;D
Well let's chalk it up to the honest fishermen, both ice & open water for not keeping the small 1's & the small 1's that were caught & returned got big, isn't that how it is supposed to work? ??? 1 point I'd like to make that the lake is there for everyone summer & winter, so to say that no ice again this winter will not only piss off the fishermen but what about the bait shops? They need the income from the ice fisherman.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2012, 06:18:16 PM by 30-30 »

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #11362 on: Jul 30, 2012, 05:09:30 PM »
I went from 0 to 120 mph in 3 seconds  than stright up to 400 feet........
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #11363 on: Jul 30, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »
I went from 0 to 120 mph in 3 seconds

Test drive a new Mustang did ya?
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #11364 on: Jul 30, 2012, 06:04:53 PM »
WEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW 8)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11365 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:56:58 PM »
Talk about going from the windows to the walls. :o ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11366 on: Jul 30, 2012, 08:37:49 PM »
Well let's chalk it up to the honest fishermen, both ice & open water for not keeping the small 1's & the small 1's that were caught & returned got big, isn't that how it is supposed to work? ??? 1 point I'd like to make that the lake is there for everyone summer & winter, so to say that no ice again this winter will not only piss off the fishermen but what about the bait shops? They need the income from the ice fisherman.

Point well taken....Just didn't seem to hurt the fishing from the pictures people are posting....Plus the way the state of the state has been going, a little reprieve helps them by not having to stock as much....I hope we do have ice this winter, believe me!!!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #11367 on: Jul 31, 2012, 03:52:48 AM »

Yaaaa Hooooo

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11368 on: Jul 31, 2012, 06:57:34 AM »
I went from 0 to 120 mph in 3 seconds  than straight up to 400 feet........

Got the stomach bug?   :o

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #11369 on: Jul 31, 2012, 07:02:03 AM »
This ride will clean you out..... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal