Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643019 times)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #10365 on: Jul 01, 2012, 06:50:42 AM »
Now we are talking...I am now seriously thinking about cooking some of our GENERIC clams today now...I need to learn how you guys do up your Bake...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10366 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:01:11 AM »
With the Rock's,seaweed and tarps?

No your kitchen version... ;D
John Wayne

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #10367 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:02:01 AM »
Oh, and some crusty rosemary bread brushed with olive oil, and broiled or grilled just enough to crisp it up.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10368 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »
So watching the news this morning one of our Volunteer Fire Trucks went off the road and crashed yesterday coming back from another towns Fireman's Field Days... :o :o :o  Then I had to listen to three different incidents of very "smart" people found doing different stupid acts while high on Bath Salts...REALLY what is wrong with this world...Both Firefighters are being treated with minor injuries and the crash is being investigated by State Police...I sure hope it was only an accident and I'm glad nobody was seriously injured...the BATH SALT knuckleheads I already know they are not OK... ::) ::) ::)
John Wayne

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10369 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:13:58 AM »
That's just a reheat of leftovers.....steam those Generic clams up in Beer and Garlic. That's some pretty good eating for a land locked Navy man.  ;)

No Water...just beer?  Do you do the dogs and sausages and muscles all at the same time?  Do you precook the taters?
John Wayne

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10370 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:23:06 AM »
This doesn't sound like it will shine brightly on the Fire company. Sorry to say it but I have an idea what goes on at those Field days and it isn't usuall a dry function. Glad the crew will be ok.

Now who do you think came up with the idea to suck Bathing products up their nose anyway?   :o :o It just wouldn't cross my mind :-\ AND at what point do you have to be in life to think that Sticking a needle in your arm to shoot something into your body that was cooked in a dirty spoon is a good idea?

Yeah that is what I'm hoping too...I heard a tire blew out, I hope that was the only cause...it would be a HUGE Blackeye for our Outstanding Vol Fire Company if it was anything but a freak accident...
John Wayne

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10371 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
Clams in the bottom, Throw a couple table spoons of Minced garlic over them, keep 1 tater aside, put the rest on top of the calms(raw no precooking). Cut then in half is they are real big. Onions, dog's,sausage. And put that aside tater on the top. 1 can of beer for say a 12 qt pot 2 cans for bigger pot. No water,the clams are full of it when they open. Get it to boil, turn it down so It isn't boiling over and when that top tater is done it's all done. May take 45min-1 hr depending on burner size ETC. I would rum over there and help but I am on heat watch at the farm again today. ;)

Good stuff...muscles with the clams...?
John Wayne

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #10372 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »
All in there yes......
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10373 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:34:48 AM »
Do you use a real Low Class beer like Sam Adams or something like that or a Real Classy beer like Busch Light or Pabst... 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2012, 07:35:34 AM by huntny30 »
John Wayne

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #10374 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »
Classy?  Like Koch's Golden Anniversary or Schaefer?
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #10375 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:47:21 AM »
Do you use a real Low Class beer like Sam Adams or something like that or a Real Classy beer like Busch Light or Pabst... 8) 8) 8)

Needs to be high end, Genny light's will work good but you may be in the Head a lot. ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #10376 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:47:54 AM »
Classy?  Like Koch's Golden Anniversary or Schaefer?

do they still make Schaefer?

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10378 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:59:05 AM »
Ha Ha...Clams Butter and Genny...you better not make ANY plans the next day...I think they make a medicine that has the same affect just way less hassle in preps and cook time...
John Wayne

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #10379 on: Jul 01, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »
Dom's supper picture and some after dinner entertainment video.. 

Looks real good Bog, ya big tease.... ;D ;D
We will be having a clam bake at my buddys farm in a couple of weeks...   Cant wait.... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal