Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642986 times)

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #9915 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
took a day trip to see my boy in Norfolk Va at the  Naval Base  left 4am sat. morning got back 4 am this am  - phew was good to see him ! he flew in there for a day or 2  before he goes overseas . Rode around looking at the sites watching fisherman in the bay - we did find the mason lodge where my grandad belonged to - he grew up in Norfolk, joined the Navy and after WW2 moved to sullivan county NY .My son was home for 5 days a few weeks ago and all he wanted to do was go fishing .We went to a few farm ponds caught a bunch of bass and sunfish       
   sorry for the dribbling just a proud papa i guess lol   he is supposed to be home mid Dec. just in time for late flintlock season ! 
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9916 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
Nice looking grub harrie and Kevin I need to find some lunch myself.....nice bear rug jeff it looks great....

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #9917 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:18:58 PM »
Awesome, Mschott...what ship is he on? spent 7 years in Norfolk...where did he join out of?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9918 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
Thanks Hunt , He's not in the Navy he is security forces in the Airforce stationed in Tucson AZ hence his need to go fishing lol i guess Norfolk is where the Plane bound for the middle-east leaves out of  or at least his is .last time i was there i must of been 10 or so my grandad gave us a tour

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9919 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »
A buddy of mine from school is there he retires in August -sadly  we couldn't  hook up

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #9920 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »
Thanks Hunt , He's not in the Navy he is security forces in the Airforce stationed in Tucson AZ hence his need to go fishing lol i guess Norfolk is where the Plane bound for the middle-east leaves out of  or at least his is .last time i was there i must of been 10 or so my grandad gave us a tour

Ahhh...nice! Well I wish him a safe tour over there and I'm sure every minute he will be looking forward to coming home and getting into the woods...
John Wayne

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9921 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »
Thanks- he is already requesting deer jerky to be sent to him lol told him he will have to wait a lil bit for that lol

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9922 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »
Very cool you got to spend some time with your son........
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9923 on: Jun 24, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »
The finished product -

I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #9924 on: Jun 24, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »
That sure sure looked good how did it taste  ;D ;D

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #9925 on: Jun 24, 2012, 01:20:36 PM »

Poor Chucker  ::) ::) ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9926 on: Jun 24, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
It looks finished alright.....    I would need 5 of then to fill me up.... ;D ;D ;D ;D    Just kidding bro....  ;D ;D   Looks great...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #9927 on: Jun 24, 2012, 02:02:50 PM »
took a day trip to see my boy in Norfolk Va at the  Naval Base  left 4am sat. morning got back 4 am this am  - phew was good to see him ! he flew in there for a day or 2  before he goes overseas . Rode around looking at the sites watching fisherman in the bay - we did find the mason lodge where my grandad belonged to - he grew up in Norfolk, joined the Navy and after WW2 moved to sullivan county NY .My son was home for 5 days a few weeks ago and all he wanted to do was go fishing .We went to a few farm ponds caught a bunch of bass and sunfish       
   sorry for the dribbling just a proud papa i guess lol   he is supposed to be home mid Dec. just in time for late flintlock season ! 

Good deal Bud, Glad you got a little visit in. I wish him safe travel's.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #9928 on: Jun 24, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »
It looks finished alright.....    I would need 5 of then to fill me up.... ;D ;D ;D ;D    Just kidding bro....  ;D ;D   Looks great...

I was thinking that was a huge plate and pickle... ;D
John Wayne

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #9929 on: Jun 24, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
We had a great day on Buzzards bay.................... ;D ;D Keeper Fluke were hard to come by but we had a heck of a Black sea bass and scup bite. Steve has the Pic's on his camera headed west with a bunch of filet's. Numbers were very good today, some really good Black bass.

Sneak peek of the cooler first thing this morning.

« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2012, 02:26:37 PM by bogmanjr »
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal