Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643081 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #9810 on: Jun 21, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »
I am so excited. Brian my hunting buddy said his wife worked with the doctor the other day. He told her we didnt kill enough deer. :o ;D Said they are everywhere this year eating his plants. Brian said we will go down and hang two stands the end of August and start baiting them. He seems to think we can kill at least 4 on opening day. ;D ;D I plan videoing it so you all can see this area is loaded with deer. Just need to get a camera arm now.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9811 on: Jun 21, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
Baby sat the brush pile burn....returned to station to be toned for a alarm at a new town home in the Gore mountain annex complex they are working on....dining room ablaze.....knocked down quick....but heat in the room was around 700 degrees....we were only minutes from flash....old guy held up better than the young guys.....full bottle lasted 30 minutes, was able to get to the basement and shut down power and to the upstairs to check for any extension....set up evac fans and then out to get hydrated and cooled off.....had three young guys drop out along the way.....except for the paid guy who was with me until I  exited....We even made the papers...LOL  Proud of our little volunteer group...a lot of dedicated trained people.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9812 on: Jun 21, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
Great job Scott. Got to make sure those young guys know where the bars set  ;).

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9813 on: Jun 21, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »
They do.....Two of the youngest went on up to the attic for a quick check...I sent them out when they came back down...freakin air temps were over 97 up there....Proudest of all the training we have been doing....really showing when the call goes out.....From officers to the newest scene support guys and gals....they know their jobs and see what needs to be done and do it.....Our Chief said he loves it, he can just concentrate on what is going on with the structure....and know everything outside is getting done and done right.... 8) 8) 8)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9814 on: Jun 21, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »
That's got to make you proud for sure. Been a long time since I worked with a good team on anything (excluding hunting/fishing).

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #9815 on: Jun 21, 2012, 09:18:57 PM »
Well done Scott.

2 rods is fine but we usually have to hold the rod while bottom fishing or you miss the hit and have empty hooks. ;)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #9816 on: Jun 21, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »
Long day in Emergency services............... :o The heat brings out the best in people. ::) ::)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9817 on: Jun 21, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »
Ain't that the truth!!!  EMS squad had one older lady who had called 911 for shortness of breath.....wanted them to take her to the firehouse...they have A/C.... :o :o :o

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #9818 on: Jun 22, 2012, 03:59:28 AM »
Ain't that the truth!!!  EMS squad had one older lady who had called 911 for shortness of breath.....wanted them to take her to the firehouse...they have A/C.... :o :o :o
  She was lonely wanted company , she wanted to cook for you Guy's :) :)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #9819 on: Jun 22, 2012, 04:04:15 AM »
I am so excited. Brian my hunting buddy said his wife worked with the doctor the other day. He told her we didnt kill enough deer. :o ;D Said they are everywhere this year eating his plants. Brian said we will go down and hang two stands the end of August and start baiting them. He seems to think we can kill at least 4 on opening day. ;D ;D I plan videoing it so you all can see this area is loaded with deer. Just need to get a camera arm now.
You know Aug. really not that far away , Videoing your own hunt going to be great ;) :) :)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9820 on: Jun 22, 2012, 05:26:21 AM »
Another beautiful morning on the lake. ;) ;D ;D The fishing was good, too.

Sure looks nice out there JJ.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9821 on: Jun 22, 2012, 05:29:35 AM »
Baby sat the brush pile burn....returned to station to be toned for a alarm at a new town home in the Gore mountain annex complex they are working on....dining room ablaze.....knocked down quick....but heat in the room was around 700 degrees....we were only minutes from flash....old guy held up better than the young guys.....full bottle lasted 30 minutes, was able to get to the basement and shut down power and to the upstairs to check for any extension....set up evac fans and then out to get hydrated and cooled off.....had three young guys drop out along the way.....except for the paid guy who was with me until I  exited....We even made the papers...LOL  Proud of our little volunteer group...a lot of dedicated trained people.... ;D ;D ;D

Way to go....   Nice to know you have a good crew with you...

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9822 on: Jun 22, 2012, 06:00:04 AM »
I just had to yell out the window and chase a doe and fawn out of my garden.... >:( >:(      No wonder my cucks and zucks dont have any flowers on them..... >:( >:(

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #9823 on: Jun 22, 2012, 06:12:07 AM »
Mine have bursted into flowers...tomatoes, zucks, squash and peppers...hope it rains today so I don't have to water...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9824 on: Jun 22, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »
Mine have bursted into flowers...tomatoes, zucks, squash and peppers...hope it rains today so I don't have to water...

Nice... I wish I had an other spot in my yard to move the whole garden...  The worst thing to do is keep planting in the same spot every year...   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal