Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642649 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #9705 on: Jun 18, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »
You have to crawl through 80 yards of it to get from the boats to the campsite...kinda like the Poppy fields in the Wizard of Oz... ::) ;D
LMAO. We will call it the gauntlet. ;D ;D

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9706 on: Jun 18, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »
            Anyone have this stuff around, it's Hogweed, nasty stuff causes skin blisters & can cause blindness & you don't have to get in your eyes to do so, just absorbed through your skin. My girlfriend & I found a patch here in Athol, N.Y.. There is a hotline to call if you see some, DEC will come out & kill it.

I believe I saw that exact plant growing on the hillside road to mikes camp last year.....next time I'm there I will see if I can get some pics....thanks for the reminder 30-30

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9708 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:11:11 AM »
Neat link of the day -

http://dirtycarart.com/
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #9709 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:19:30 AM »

Yea, it is neat! 8)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9711 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:32:25 AM »
Yup.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #9712 on: Jun 19, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »

The same plant that's in my pics. Nasty stuff. >:(

I still say the plants in your pics are cow parsnip or maybe Queen Anne's lace. Giant hogweed is much taller, it should be well over your head(see pic below); I also don't see any purple splotches in the stem and the leaves and flowers look too small. ;)

Posting a link to the ID page from DEC again, check out the pics and comparisons between the plants that look similar. They are from the same family: wild carrots, parsnips and parsleys; they all can cause skin irritation bit I think the giant hogweed is more dangerous. Link: http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/72766.html
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #9713 on: Jun 19, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »

JJ, there is purple coloring @ the bottom of the stem, the plants were 4' tall a week ago last Sat. the are now 5' tall. I can only report what I see.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9714 on: Jun 19, 2012, 03:10:03 PM »
Need two desk for the new office. So I go on Craigslist and find a couple. Send the emails with my phone number and tell them to call me. They send me back an email saying they still have them. Then to let them know if I need directions to get there to look at them. What the heck? Why didn't they just call me so we could get this straightened out with out two more emails. I swear people are so damn impersonal these days.
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2012, 03:10:26 PM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #9715 on: Jun 19, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »
Need two desk for the new office. So I go on Craigslist and find a couple. Send the emails with my phone number and tell them to call me. They send me back an email saying they still have them. Then to let them know if I need directions to get there to look at them. What the heck? Why didn't they just call me so we could get this straightened out with out two more emails. I swear people are so damn impersonal these days.
I agree but here we are on the forum, hahahaha. What I hated @ work before I got in to computers, the higher ups would e-mail someone to chew their butt , they didn't have the kahonies to do it to their face. I like the technology but I think some depend on it too much. ???

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9716 on: Jun 19, 2012, 05:26:45 PM »
I agree but here we are on the forum, hahahaha. What I hated @ work before I got in to computers, the higher ups would e-mail someone to chew their butt , they didn't have the kahonies to do it to their face. I like the technology but I think some depend on it too much. ???
Yea I know that but they are eventually going to have to see me for the deal to work. Here is a little different since not everyone has everyone else phone number. Plus this is the purpose of a hunting forum. Interacting with other hunters from all around the world. I agree I think the days of having a phone conversation are gone for some.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #9717 on: Jun 19, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
Seams weird how things are changing from when we were young ons  ; All this high tech. stuff know a day's it is cheaper
to have a cell phone than a land line phone , I am still    :-\   About how fast things are changing   

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #9718 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:18:16 PM »
Yea I know that but they are eventually going to have to see me for the deal to work. Here is a little different since not everyone has everyone else phone number. Plus this is the purpose of a hunting forum. Interacting with other hunters from all around the world. I agree I think the days of having a phone conversation are gone for some.
I like talking to the person, you can get a better feel for what they are saying by the tone of there voice.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9719 on: Jun 19, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »
Not to get off topic but I just went to the asian market to get bait for this weekend. I look down and there's a bin full of giant bullfrogs staring me down  :o.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal