Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643090 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #8760 on: Apr 27, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »
This is only the second year its been there...    Last year there was one egg and nothing.....   Before the ice melted I should have put more hay on it....    I might carry the kyack back there and fix it.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #8761 on: Apr 27, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »
Nice pic's you got of the nest suprized she abandoned it hope they make it ; Glad to here the wood ducks are using the house for you   ;) ;)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8762 on: Apr 27, 2012, 07:07:48 PM »
Went to the bow shop and paper tuned the little Parker I got from Harry for Heather that she's never used. Bringing it to my friends tomorrow for his daughter to use, she has a friend who shoots at a range. She's been there with her and wants to get more into it, just turned out she's the right size for this bow, 60" wingspan and a 24" bow. Going to drop it off, show her some basic form and get it sighted in best I can for her. Unfortunately my shoulder's been out of whack since I started shooting and for some reason shooting the little bow really messed it up today. If it doesn't get a lot better I'll be taking the shotgun instead of the bow next week. It's bad enough now my hand is partially numb.

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #8763 on: Apr 28, 2012, 05:21:59 AM »
Raq, too bad about the goose. I wonder with this cold weather if she headed south....hunts2long
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012, 05:22:34 AM by hunts2long »
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #8764 on: Apr 28, 2012, 06:07:53 AM »
Raq, too bad about the goose. I wonder with this cold weather if she headed south....hunts2long

She's not going anywhere.  Broods have already hatched out here.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #8765 on: Apr 28, 2012, 06:35:06 AM »
Went to the bow shop and paper tuned the little Parker I got from Harry for Heather that she's never used. Bringing it to my friends tomorrow for his daughter to use, she has a friend who shoots at a range. She's been there with her and wants to get more into it, just turned out she's the right size for this bow, 60" wingspan and a 24" bow. Going to drop it off, show her some basic form and get it sighted in best I can for her. Unfortunately my shoulder's been out of whack since I started shooting and for some reason shooting the little bow really messed it up today. If it doesn't get a lot better I'll be taking the shotgun instead of the bow next week. It's bad enough now my hand is partially numb.
    I sure bet she is going to love that ; You are doing a great thing there Steve  ;) ;) ;) ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #8766 on: Apr 28, 2012, 06:40:24 AM »
   Broods have already hatched out here.

Been seeing a few  on the grassy areas along the canal all week....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8767 on: Apr 28, 2012, 08:22:28 AM »
Hopefully she was just off for a short time and returned. Have you played with the time lapse yet Dom would be interesting to set it over the pond? Should have my first set of pics from mine later today.

My shoulder got considerably worse over night, just popped some heavy duty pain killers. Doesn't look like much is getting done around here today.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8768 on: Apr 28, 2012, 08:24:23 AM »
Glad the little Parker is going to get used Steve. Sounds like you pinched a nerve and need a chiropractor. 

Frost is far from over it seems..... ::)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8769 on: Apr 28, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »
    I sure bet she is going to love that ; You are doing a great thing there Steve  ;) ;) ;) ;D

I do whatever I can for the family. They let me hunt their land and they are good friends. Will be helping build her tree house this year too, the spot she picked out is next to my food plot in an island of trees. She wants to build it so she can shoot out of it easily  ;D. I'll probably get her out for a sit or two this hunting season.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8770 on: Apr 28, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »
I think she'll like it a lot Bog. Have a bucket of water outside that skimmed over last night, glad I didn't plant the garden 2-3 weeks ago.

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #8771 on: Apr 28, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
 That's a good thing ; Sounds like she already has a plan ; I want to take grandson with me get him into the tracking mode
  he still kinda scared off getting lost gotta get him a GPS ; Gotta work more with him

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8772 on: Apr 28, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
Well upstatehunter put me on blast over on Facebook.hehe

Had a good morning on the stream then headed to work. Managed to catch four one short of my limit but I did lose 3.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #8773 on: Apr 28, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »

Sorry Bog , I think I may have jinxed you with the frost comment ...... So I have had the blight really bad for the last 3 years , can't grow tomatos to save my life . My uncle told me to burn off the garden so I got that goin on today . Almost all the seeds I started are sprouted ..... as usual I was overzealous way too many lol  ;D Tomorrow I'm goin over to Boggy's place to get some horse dung and till it into the garden , hope to plant next weekend . Next year I'm building a greenhouse , I want my counters back . Hoffman's Hotdogs and Tater Tots for lunch then back to work  8)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #8774 on: Apr 28, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
     :o  You got some good ones today Dave ; Had an excellent day  ;) ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal