Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642866 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #8535 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:11:03 PM »
Your really stepping up in the world.  ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #8536 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
Your really stepping up in the world.  ;D
You have no idea , this is the 1st non flip phone for me  :o :o :o
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8537 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:18:08 PM »
OH............well you have a big learning curve ahead buddy... ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #8538 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »
I still got a flip phone........... Work is giving us all brand new 4s Iphone in 3 weeks though...............
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8539 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
Oh a "business expense" no doubt. ;D ;D ;D You'll love it once you figure it out Frank. Of course you'll need an e-mail adress.  :o

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8540 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »
LOL yea I gotta work on a Email address.

The Iphone 4s they give us like May 7th I believe. Unlimited minutes, text, and internet and data or something I still dont get it all? for personal useas well, it should be sweet. I will cancel my other cell phone. it will be nice ice fishing and marking a spot and going to it with the navionics instead of lining up with trees and houses over holes like what I did to find the 34 ft. hole Brownie fishing with ya...........

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8541 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »
That's what Amy has. It will run circles around mine for working in bad service areas. Not as durable as my Commando but works far better at camp anyway. Nothing wrong with navigating the old reliable way though. ;) Your battery won't go dead... ;D

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8542 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
I took hunter safety with the wife last  week, scares me some of the fools I saw in there :o You are right navigating the old way is def. something to know it is priceless and never fails ( mostly ) they had to bring a safety supply bag with multiple compasses and I think I was the only one who set my wife up with two compasses to doube check ya know? Everyone else had gps and Iphone in there bag ???. They thought I was a genius when the instructor asked how to get home if you are lost and find a logging road. They were in awa when I drew a diagram on the board for the class showing the side roads point in an arrow to the way out LOL. Guess the thought skiddahs with logs turn on a dime?

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8543 on: Apr 16, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
That's the first lesson I give any north country newbie.....skidders and log trucks take the soft turn out.  Pop's taught me that when I was 10. Then there was the brook lesson......All these brook's will cross a road sooner or later, if it doesn't it will end up in the Connecticut river and there is a road there. Now get out of the truck and head up over that ridge to see if you can hear the hound's. I'll pick you up on the bottom of the south end of it. If their treed go to them if not pick them up and bring them out. Of course the south end of that ridge was in Berlin and I was in Jefferson when he dropped me off.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8544 on: Apr 16, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
The bass fishing is about to be awesome down here. Caught 6 of these in an hour bank fishing these three were the bigger ones. Cant wait till I get in the boat.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8545 on: Apr 16, 2012, 07:56:16 PM »
My father got the urge to chase crappies, so I got in touch with a friend who's been out. He said they aren't peaking yet but he's getting some. Got spots, depth and tackled insight so if I can't manage a couple I really am a sad excuse for a fisherman. Going to try for Friday afternoon if the weather cooperates.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8546 on: Apr 16, 2012, 08:02:07 PM »
It's okay if you only got one dave. You don't have to spin around taking different shot angles of it  ;D. JK bud, good job. Looks like you can get the girl some bass action Saturday  ;).

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8547 on: Apr 16, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »
LOL Steve. Yes I feel really good about catching some bass Saturday. I know she really wants to catch a trout but with the temps warming so fast I dont know about that. It hit 90 today.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8548 on: Apr 16, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »
warming up are Dave? Nice bass buddy.

Seems like you should be able to load up on the crappie's steve. Their just fish afterall.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8549 on: Apr 16, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
LOL Steve. Yes I feel really good about catching some bass Saturday. I know she really wants to catch a trout but with the temps warming so fast I dont know about that. It hit 90 today.

I saw 88 here.  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal