Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642997 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #8235 on: Apr 05, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »
Good thing my uncle's a plumber. He's replacing this mess today, have to go see how it's going on lunch. I brought it up a year or so ago when it wasn't to bad yet, but hadn't noticed how bad it got since until I started cleaning out the basement. Glad I saw it when I did.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #8236 on: Apr 05, 2012, 09:12:14 AM »
Good thing my uncle's a plumber. He's replacing this mess today, have to go see how it's going on lunch. I brought it up a year or so ago when it wasn't to bad yet, but hadn't noticed how bad it got since until I started cleaning out the basement. Glad I saw it when I did.

Nasty job, good thing your uncle is a plumber!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8237 on: Apr 05, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »
Can't see it but there are at least five lines coming in in the section that's coming out too. If it were just a matter of cutting out a straight section I would consider doing it myself, but not even a chance with the amount involved.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #8238 on: Apr 05, 2012, 09:21:11 AM »
Good thing you noticed it..  That could get real messy....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #8239 on: Apr 05, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »
First trip of the year this morning, cold and windy, never got above 38F; typical post cold front fishing, the fish bit for about an hour in the middle of the trip: boated 2 lakers and lost 2, a couple perch and 2 biteoffs >:(. Both lures were taken within a couple minutes, I told the customers it must have been a pike or pickeral as the 8lb fluoro leader was pretty frayed at the end. We went back through the area and I saw a pike right on the surface with my lure in it's mouth; managed to turn around and scoop it up with the net and get the lure back. The chunky 28" pike flopped a lot in the boat and swam right off, not sure why it came to the surface and just floated around? ??? Happy to get one loure back. ;D

Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #8240 on: Apr 05, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »
To bad the fishing was slow but at least you got your lure back.. ;D

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #8241 on: Apr 05, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »

I was fishin with my friend Harold a couple years ago , he had a hot lure goin and was whoopin me pretty good . We were fishin the west end of Oneida lake and its littered with huge pickeral , he had a 23 incher to the boat and it broke him off . Harry sat down completely devistated ..... as we were drifting away something pops up , Harry spots his lure and starts yellin at me to turn the boat around . I get the motor fired up and circle back and low and behold the Pick hooked it's self in the tail with the lure stuck in it's mouth  :o :o :o He got his lure back and finished whoopin my behind  :-[
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #8242 on: Apr 05, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »
A few years ago Dean and I were perishing for a bass tournament on 3rd lake and he was using a rattiling crank bait and hooked a decent northern that broke him off..  Not 5 mins latter that fish jumped out of the water 10 ft from the boat shaking his head like crazy and threw the lure out...   The only bad thing it was not a floating crank bait...

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #8243 on: Apr 05, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
Can't see it but there are at least five lines coming in in the section that's coming out too. If it were just a matter of cutting out a straight section I would consider doing it myself, but not even a chance with the amount involved.
  That is a good thing you found that ; Yep at least you got an Uncle to give you a hand
               cast iron pipe to-boot ; Your making the right choice   ;) ;)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #8244 on: Apr 05, 2012, 04:49:56 PM »
 How you guys get so lucky to get your lures back ; Usually you can count it gone good-buy :D

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #8245 on: Apr 05, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »

I was fishin with my friend Harold a couple years ago , he had a hot lure goin and was whoopin me pretty good . We were fishin the west end of Oneida lake and its littered with huge pickeral , he had a 23 incher to the boat and it broke him off . Harry sat down completely devistated ..... as we were drifting away something pops up , Harry spots his lure and starts yellin at me to turn the boat around . I get the motor fired up and circle back and low and behold the Pick hooked it's self in the tail with the lure stuck in it's mouth  :o :o :o He got his lure back and finished whoopin my behind  :-[
u should have backed the boat up grabbed the lure and gave him a taste of his own medicine  ;)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #8246 on: Apr 05, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »

He might have bumped his head  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #8247 on: Apr 05, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
Chatty today
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #8248 on: Apr 05, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »

You sellin the Marcum camera?

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #8249 on: Apr 05, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »
Why?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal