Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642677 times)

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #7950 on: Mar 27, 2012, 01:56:35 PM »
Every profession nowadays has a couple of a-holes that give everyone a bad rap! Just try to feel people out a little and if you dont like how they conduct business move on! ;)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7951 on: Mar 27, 2012, 06:51:20 PM »
Busted the inside door handle off in the truck a week ago. I ordered a replacement from ebay motors that showed up today. I knew something was wrong before I opened it. I thought they might had just sent the lever, which would have been fine. Nope it looked like it belongs in a 70's honda. First time I had an issue getting parts there, now for another week of having to open the window to get out  8).

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7952 on: Mar 27, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »
drobs, I know from personal expierence that working for your self is not all fun & games as some people think. How many times do you have to show a property before it sells. Yes there are always people in every proffession that are not on the up & up, which hurts the 1's like you, that are. I don't know you personally but the 1's that are not honest would not be on this site, they woudn't take the time to do the things that you do here. My hat is off to you.
Thanks. I wasn't upset at halfrack just wanted to defend my end. I know he wasn't putting me in the 90% category but new people on here that don't know me well might. I have been a member on here for quite some time(I think going on 5yrs) and have only ran into one individual that was dishonest.

Busted the inside door handle off in the truck a week ago. I ordered a replacement from ebay motors that showed up today. I knew something was wrong before I opened it. I thought they might had just sent the lever, which would have been fine. Nope it looked like it belongs in a 70's honda. First time I had an issue getting parts there, now for another week of having to open the window to get out  8).
That stink. You could always get in and out like the Duke boys. ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7953 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »
  You could always get in and out like the Duke boys. ;D

;D ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7954 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »
That stink. You could always get in and out like the Duke boys. ;D

Yeah right with my bum foot, hammered thumb, messed up wrist and an infected tic bite that itches like mad. Last thing I need to do is try to climb in the window four feet off the ground. I'm running out of things to damage 8).

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7955 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:15:48 PM »
I know what you mean about the itchy tick bite. They are almost like mosquito bites but worse and even swell up like one.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7956 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »
It itches worse than anything I can remember, maybe like the poison oak but that was a long time ago. Seems strange because I think it was just getting in when I pulled it, and I got it out in one piece.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #7957 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »

From what I've heard you are not supposed to pull them but put Vaseline or some other stuff to make it back out.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7958 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
Easiest way I've found is to rotate while pulling and they almost always come out whole. I get a couple every year, some bite locations get more irritated/infected than others.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #7959 on: Mar 28, 2012, 06:22:46 AM »
OH and I may have had  1 pot too many through the evening cause i don't seem to be real tired.  ;D ;D

Understandable when there is a Dunkin Donuts on every street corner  ;D

halfrack33

« Reply #7960 on: Mar 28, 2012, 12:48:59 PM »
You guys see Mega Millions?   $500 MILLION
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2012, 12:51:07 PM by halfrack33 »

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #7961 on: Mar 28, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
There's always something that comes up when getting the boat ready for launch; cleaned the excess grease off the kicker motor and found out why it's there, the bushings are shot. Never easy ordering Mercury parts  but I have them coming for Friday morning so I can launch that afternoon, timing will be tight. Gonna break it down this afternoon, need to built something to support the engine while I unattach it from the swivel to pull the shaft out, only a few bolts; replacing the lower motor mounts while I'm at it, they look well worn. This should make the autopilot work less and explains some problems I was having.  ::)

Need to add new zincs on the prop shaft and outboard, wax the hull and get the inboard ready: hoses, belts, water pump, etc.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #7962 on: Mar 28, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »
You guys see Mega Millions?   $500 MILLION

Since you work for NY Lottery, can you buy tickets? I'm gonna have to this time.
Hybrid longbow in hand.

halfrack33

« Reply #7963 on: Mar 28, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »
Since you work for NY Lottery, can you buy tickets? I'm gonna have to this time.

I don't actually work for the Lottery - I work for a cpa firm who provides them with financial and advisory services - aka we do their financial audits and independetally observe drawings... But the answer is no, I can't purchase. I sign a form every year saying that I won't buy ticket, go to the racino, and neither will family or people with the same mailing adress as me  :-\

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #7964 on: Mar 28, 2012, 02:46:38 PM »
That's what I thought.
Hybrid longbow in hand.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal