Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642673 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #7920 on: Mar 26, 2012, 05:46:51 AM »
<snippage> Sorry for the rant but the wife drives me nut's when she pulls the calculator out after a dinner..... ;D

I think we did OK at breakfast last month  ;)

Steve, what time was the hammer incident?  I thought I heard something coming from the east....
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

halfrack33

« Reply #7921 on: Mar 26, 2012, 04:28:02 PM »
What's even worse is realtors... it's sad to see someone selling their house that has to give 6% to their agent. Then if a buyer contacts the listing agent, that agent becomes the "buyer's" agent and takes additional percentage from the seller. It's double dipping and should be outlawed. I cannot stand 90% of realtors.

Sorry drob's... had to blast away for a minute. You are part of the 10% I'm sure.

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #7922 on: Mar 26, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »
Cleaned out the wood stove last week. Get to use it tonight. They are saying 12 to 15 tonight; there goes the apple crop for this year.....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7923 on: Mar 26, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »
Lot of crop's taking a hit tonight. :o
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #7924 on: Mar 26, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »

Yea, the crops are going to take a hit, it'll be a sad harvest next fall. I don't think they are prepared around here like they are down south, useing smudge pots.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7925 on: Mar 26, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
We spent all morning putting stuff back in the green houses... :P :P
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #7926 on: Mar 26, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »
Lot of crop's taking a hit tonight. :o
What are you gonna do Bog ? I read something on MFF but not too sure what you ment ???
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7927 on: Mar 26, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »
Hes flooding bogs and  running sprinklers...   Long night for the Lorax... :(
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2012, 07:15:34 PM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7928 on: Mar 26, 2012, 07:11:41 PM »
What's even worse is realtors... it's sad to see someone selling their house that has to give 6% to their agent. Then if a buyer contacts the listing agent, that agent becomes the "buyer's" agent and takes additional percentage from the seller. It's double dipping and should be outlawed. I cannot stand 90% of realtors.

Sorry drob's... had to blast away for a minute. You are part of the 10% I'm sure.
That's fine but I would like to say a few things. I think there is a misconception that Realtors have deep pockets and that isn't the case. For instance if I list a house for a 6% commission I am only getting 3% and coop out the other 3% out to the buyers agent. Once I get my 3% my company than takes its cut from me. Then I have to put back 33% of that for taxes  I personally do not double dip and represent both seller and buyer for fear of a lawsuit/fine or possbile license revocation. It is legal in MD however if both parties agree to it. I don't have health benefits nor does my company pay for a vehicle or gas. I will agree that their are some sleazy agents in my profession. I have dealt with quite a few. Even filed on one imparticular. He was an REO agent that represented bank forclosures. He had unlicensed contractors preforming work to the property my clients had a contract on. He was skimming money from the bank saying he was having all these repairs done and getting the cheapest help and materials and keeping the leftover money. I could go on and on but I wont.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7929 on: Mar 26, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
Apples should be ok...No blossoms out yet...only some budding....I looked at a small one in the back yard today...the buds have even seemed to close back up a little....mother nature will survive....

I have a hard time with tipping as well...I may spend an hour with a customer, teaching them how to do a repair on something or what materials they need for a project.....I even go around the store getting exactly what they need.....Ring them up...discount what I can to save them a buck or two...Even like with some home owners and their power tools, change the blade, or make a new saw chain, install it, adjust it, or help them get a stuck bolt out....never have seen a tip from any person....even when at the home center, spent days doing take offs on house plans, and doing quotes...on my own time at home...nothin....LOL  So for someone to write down my order, and carry it to me.....welllllll.....lets say....pay them a decent wage....it's their job....Like it is mine to help people....betting they make much more in a week at a busy restaurant than I do.....
So Realtor's are another story...most do work hard to get you your asking price, and make a buck....Where people run into trouble is when they want to ask more than they are reasonably expected to get...then fault the Realtor for not getting them more money when they have to reduce the price to sell....

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #7930 on: Mar 26, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
That's fine but I would like to say a few things. I think there is a misconception that Realtors have deep pockets and that isn't the case. For instance if I list a house for a 6% commission I am only getting 3% and coop out the other 3% out to the buyers agent. Once I get my 3% my company than takes its cut from me. Then I have to put back 33% of that for taxes  I personally do not double dip and represent both seller and buyer for fear of a lawsuit/fine or possbile license revocation. It is legal in MD however if both parties agree to it. I don't have health benefits nor does my company pay for a vehicle or gas. I will agree that their are some sleazy agents in my profession. I have dealt with quite a few. Even filed on one imparticular. He was an REO agent that represented bank forclosures. He had unlicensed contractors preforming work to the property my clients had a contract on. He was skimming money from the bank saying he was having all these repairs done and getting the cheapest help and materials and keeping the leftover money. I could go on and on but I wont.
drobs, I know from personal expierence that working for your self is not all fun & games as some people think. How many times do you have to show a property before it sells. Yes there are always people in every proffession that are not on the up & up, which hurts the 1's like you, that are. I don't know you personally but the 1's that are not honest would not be on this site, they woudn't take the time to do the things that you do here. My hat is off to you.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7931 on: Mar 26, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »
I was thinking that...winds usually keep a frost off...but freeze dry things well... :o :o

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7932 on: Mar 26, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »
The wind pull's the heat from the water faster than the plant can absorb it.  :o
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7933 on: Mar 27, 2012, 04:02:01 AM »
The wind pull's the heat from the water faster than the plant can absorb it.  :o
  Hey where did the lorex go ; Just noticed Batman ;)  :)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7934 on: Mar 27, 2012, 05:25:35 AM »
Well at least I was on the right track.....but didn't know there was so much to it.....always learning!! Thanks Bog!!!
Hope you made out ok!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal