Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642673 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #7815 on: Mar 24, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
Yea, that's what I did. Got if off the trailer and disassembled the trailer mods. Now for the hard part, making room in the garage  :-\. Going to drop the trailer off after I eat.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #7816 on: Mar 24, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »
Took advantage of the past weeks warm weather and refinished all the outside teak on the boat. The swim platform was pretty bad, stripped, sanded and applied 3 coats of Cetol marine. The gunnel rails  and storage box doors I rebuilt 2 years ago only needing some sanding in spots and a couple coats, might do another later. Needs to be above 50 F and forecast is for below 50 all next week, lauching late in the week so I just got the platform done in time. Still want to clean the stern really good below the waterline and degrease the kicker motor; things I never have time for before launch. Then the usual buffing and waxing the hull; anything else can be done while it floats. 8)

Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7817 on: Mar 24, 2012, 01:07:31 PM »
That looks real nice Jeff..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7818 on: Mar 24, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »
Sure looks shiny ; Sure it not new ; nice job

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7819 on: Mar 24, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »
Looks nice guessing it dries pretty quickly, with the can on it

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7820 on: Mar 24, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
Was thinking that water pressure has been down on the kitchen faucet lately, and finally started to check it out.  No crimps under the sink, and all valves fully open.  Went in the basement, and followed the line back to find this, with a nice big wet spot under it on the floor -

Very slow drip, but that helps explain why it seemed to be extra aerated.   ::)  Now, how to fix?
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7821 on: Mar 24, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »
Easy fix, just cut where the leak is and add a coupling. Should be enough play in the pipe to fit it on, you may have to loosen a few hangers. Ever solder a copper pipe?

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2012, 04:17:06 PM by stka »

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7822 on: Mar 24, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
Duct tape.... ::) ::) ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7823 on: Mar 24, 2012, 04:52:10 PM »
Easy fix, just cut where the leak is and add a coupling. Should be enough play in the pipe to fit it on, you may have to loosen a few hangers. Ever solder a copper pipe?

I was hoping there might be something easier.  Just a PITA to drain the lines to do that, but I guess no matter what solution, that would probably required.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #7824 on: Mar 24, 2012, 04:52:55 PM »

A good trick is to put bread in both ends of the line to stop the water . It will break down and not block the line when you turn the water back on  ;)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #7825 on: Mar 24, 2012, 04:53:52 PM »

Or you could try some epoxy puddy
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7826 on: Mar 24, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »
It's really not that bad, at least it's clean water and not the pipe going out of the house  :o. I have everything here to do it if you don't, I can give you a hand if you like. I wouldn't expect it to take more than an hour and it shouldn't take near that long. That's if you haven't done it before and I talk you through it. Just remember that even if you drain the line there will be water so have a bucket in hand when you cut it if you don't want the floor wetter.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7827 on: Mar 24, 2012, 05:15:34 PM »
There isn't a less invasive way to fix it that would last. Not that I know of anyhow.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #7828 on: Mar 24, 2012, 05:18:07 PM »
There isn't a less invasive way to fix it that would last. Not that I know of anyhow.
That is true .

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7829 on: Mar 24, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »
Cuse in another battle. Sure hope they can pull it out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal