Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642694 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #7590 on: Mar 11, 2012, 06:11:38 AM »
Yeah a nap was needed.....and Bella thought she would take one with me....
Day was stellar....until I lost the fish of my life at the hole...tried twice to get the head into an 8" hole....not happening....
Then the bait and hook cam spitting out at me.....Some of you may have heard what you thought was a Squatch....Nope...
That was my screams of anguish....Then a friend with us...found an old hole...All of the rain last week opened them up...and they didn't freeze well..
Think he at best just hyper extended the knee....but may be a lot worse....he had to be rescued by EMS....helped with that whole process...
Thankfully, Brad had his radio with him to call for help....He is also a EMT....
Did catch some unbelievable large and small mouth bass....one large mouth over 6lbs.....Thinking a trip might be in order Raquette!!!
We landed two small Tigers....one 20" and another at 27".....but an interesting day was had by all.... 8) 8)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7591 on: Mar 11, 2012, 06:34:33 AM »
Take the good with the bad, right buddy?

Good evening here.  Friends invited us over for dinner.  We were already gonna do chicken tacos, so we all just got a bit more stuff so we had enough for everyone.  Cracked open the Horseheads Xmas beer from my mom, and had a great meal with old friends.  Kids had a nice time playing together.  Lost a knee hockey game 8-7 to a nine year old, and Buffalo picked up a come from behind overtime win in Ottawa.   To cap it off, I think I just got eights hours of sleep for the first time in weeks.   8)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #7592 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:36:44 AM »
Day was stellar....until I lost the fish of my life at the hole...tried twice to get the head into an 8" hole....not happening....
Then the bait and hook cam spitting out at me.....Some of you may have heard what you thought was a Squatch....Nope...
That was my screams of anguish....Then a friend with us...found an old hole...All of the rain last week opened them up...and they didn't freeze well..
Think he at best just hyper extended the knee....but may be a lot worse....he had to be rescued by EMS....helped with that whole process...
Thankfully, Brad had his radio with him to call for help....He is also a EMT....
Did catch some unbelievable large and small mouth bass....one large mouth over 6lbs.....Thinking a trip might be in order Raquette!!!
We landed two small Tigers....one 20" and another at 27".....but an interesting day was had by all.... 8) 8)
Hunt did a call back when he pulled that Crap out of the hole I'd bet  ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7593 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:43:26 AM »
  man that is to bad messed his knee up going to know it today I bet going to bother him for a while

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7594 on: Mar 11, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »

Geez that's an eventfull day I guess.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7595 on: Mar 11, 2012, 09:26:52 AM »
To cap it off, I think I just got eights hours of sleep for the first time in weeks.   8)
The beer will do that to a fella. ;D ;)

I chuckled when I saw those pics upstatehunter. I pictured your wife taking them and laughing as she went to the computer and said I'll get him now.hehe Sorry to hear about the fish what was it?

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7596 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »
Old guys need naps now and then.. ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7597 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:43:21 AM »
sounds like the big fish were feeding yesterday hunt lands a big crappie and upstate and i both lose one at the hole >:( maybe a good spring for fishing ;D

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7598 on: Mar 11, 2012, 12:05:15 PM »
About two hours away from Kentucky cutting down the nets for the first time this year. ;D ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7599 on: Mar 11, 2012, 12:15:42 PM »
About two hours away from Kentucky cutting down the nets for the first time this year. ;D ;D

HUH? is fish netting season done in Kentucky?  :o :o
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7600 on: Mar 11, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »
Looks like Vandy just pulled off the upset. Not really surprised we have played them three times this year and won 2 out of 3. Oh well now that we got that lose out of the way we can win the National Championship. ;D ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7601 on: Mar 11, 2012, 04:53:14 PM »
Old guys need naps now and then.. ;D

Yes they do....dragging a sled a half mile through slush....running to flags...rescuing friends....Well and just plain being old.... :P

Fire call last night at 11:30...young guys blew up  camper trailer with exploding targets....guess you can't use them in conjunction with gasoline... ::) ::)

The fish I lost was a tiger musky.....I've caught some big fish in my life....but this thing was huge!! Biggest fish I've ever seen at the hole through the ice or on the soft water.....Heard guys caught and released one over 44" a couple days before....think this one would have pushed 50....really didn't think it would fit through an 8" hole.... :o :o :o

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7602 on: Mar 11, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
The beer will do that to a fella. ;D ;)

Turns out it was only seven.  Stupid DST. :P :P ::)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #7603 on: Mar 11, 2012, 08:39:02 PM »
  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) See you in New Orleans  ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7604 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »
Bummer you lost the tiger Scott. Must have been a great thrill just to see it though. We tried to fish saratoga this afternoon. Boat didn't leak and the four stroke ran pretty good. But the only ice on the lake was blocking us from getting to where I think the fish are.  We got through a narrow patch of ice bit the second one was just to big. Marked some fish on the sonar but never caught one. Wasn't an easy feeling pushing chunks of ice with the little aluminium boat.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal