Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643096 times)

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #7560 on: Mar 09, 2012, 05:12:05 AM »
Those boys of yours bog don't seem like the type to shy away from a task like that   just need the ole man to show em the ropes

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7561 on: Mar 09, 2012, 05:35:44 AM »
They arent scared to jump in and get dirty but i think that tangle of wires,hoses and the fact that you couldn't even see the head when we started was a little intimidating.  ;D ;D ;D

Cool and rain here this morning
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7562 on: Mar 09, 2012, 05:45:11 AM »
Think my Blazer lost a head gasket this week.....temp gauge went up...checked the coolant and it was really low....always an exhaust smoke now....if it is....hard to justify fixing a 600 dollar rig.... ::) 
Lost all power on Tuesday....now skipping like a school girl.....yeah...Must be that time of year or something.....

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7563 on: Mar 09, 2012, 05:49:16 AM »
Think my Blazer lost a head gasket this week.....temp gauge went up...checked the coolant and it was really low....always an exhaust smoke now....if it is....hard to justify fixing a 600 dollar rig.... ::) 
Lost all power on Tuesday....now skipping like a school girl.....yeah...Must be that time of year or something.....

Missed ya this week. That Blazer has aluminum heads I think? Hard to slap a gasket on those and have it last without planing.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7564 on: Mar 09, 2012, 05:53:47 AM »
I missed some......

Yeah, it does.....mechanic who is in another department said best bet was to pull the plates off and drive another vehicle under them.... ::) ::)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7565 on: Mar 09, 2012, 05:57:19 AM »
I missed some......

Yeah, it does.....mechanic who is in another department said best bet was to pull the plates off and drive another vehicle under them.... ::) ::)

Good one............ ;D ;D

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7566 on: Mar 09, 2012, 06:50:50 AM »
Next sign of spring - suet feeder got mauled last night, so the raccoons are up.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7567 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:31:12 AM »
Missed ya this week. That Blazer has aluminum heads I think? Hard to slap a gasket on those and have it last without planing.

I've never had to do a head gasket. Why is this, because the aluminum warps or because it gets scored taking the old gasket off?

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7568 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:45:04 AM »
for the first time in 3 years i have today, tomorrow and the day after that to do whatever the hell i want. no time restraints at all and nothing tying me down.  no kids :o :o....and the ol lady works sat and sun... :)
  cuse game tonight....snow goose hunting on sat and walleye fishing sun.  this is like a mini not going to leave the county vacation.  ;D ;D 
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7569 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:50:28 AM »
Good time to go look for some antlers. Which is what I may have to go do today. ;D

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7570 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:55:04 AM »
Good time to go look for some antlers. Which is what I may have to go do today. ;D
sunday looks good. been contemplating trading walleye fishing for shed hunting. or mayb fish till 10 then shed hunt ... yea that sounds good.

good luck if you go today dave.
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7571 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:57:41 AM »
Sounds like a good plan. I probably will go I made it out the other day for a few hours for the this time. Today maybe the only day I have to go in the next couple weeks. Might be my last trip for the year.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7572 on: Mar 09, 2012, 09:32:21 AM »
I've never had to do a head gasket. Why is this, because the aluminum warps or because it gets scored taking the old gasket off?

Usually warped to some degree.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7573 on: Mar 09, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »
Ahh. Just stack up 2-3 gaskets with some JB Weld between the layers  :o.

That stinks about the blazer Scott, if you need to replace it I'm sure someone will still buy it.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7574 on: Mar 09, 2012, 10:03:26 AM »
Keep the chain handy.....drive it 'till she pukes..... :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal