Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643043 times)

halfrack33

Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #6150 on: Dec 29, 2011, 09:08:39 PM »
Trying to sell this if anyone is interested. Comes with studded snow tires... great for the winter commute. Upstate - I think it's just your size.  ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6151 on: Dec 30, 2011, 03:34:19 AM »
Tough to haul the ice sled on that HR.....Would have to make a trailer.....hmmmm... 8) 8)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6152 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:32:01 AM »
My boy took another step toward becoming an independent adult yesterday. Made final payment on his new muzzle loader...
Gun shop took in a CVA wolf in trade and gave him a great deal on it...Has three or four loads through it, guy bought it for his daughter but it was to long a pull for her. So I got Tyler to look at it, and he decided to buy it. So he now has his first gun that wasn't handed down or given as a gift to him.
He was pretty proud. I'm quite impressed with the amount of quality in a realistically inexpensive gun...Can't wait for a little good weather to shoot it a few times, and check the scope...Came with a 4 power 32mm Tasco shotgun scope on it. He hopes to use it all season next year...he is kind of a throw back kid, and likes to do things the hard way...but with today's equipment it really isn't like the old days of a muzzle loader... ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #6153 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:45:44 AM »
Way to go Tyler..   Its always sweeter when you spend your own money... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6154 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:49:37 AM »
Very cool Tyler. I have one that's very similar to the Wolf. Killed more deer than I can count with it. Matter of fact it's in my lap now. My buddy has the Wolf and has done well with it also. Great gun for the money.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6155 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:58:33 AM »
Good for him!  Funny, the CZ I took out Thursday was the first gun I ever bought for myself too about seven years ago.  Now it's time to tweak it a bit.  I picked up trigger springs and action screws for it a long time ago, but never installed.  Sounds like a new thread I can start....   ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2011, 08:59:34 AM by Chucker »
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #6156 on: Dec 31, 2011, 09:40:54 AM »
great for him ; nice to see are youth getting  involved best of luck  :)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #6157 on: Dec 31, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
      can't wait for them to come so I'll have a project  oh i got the wall bracket's also  ;D

Nice! I got the wall bracket as well and love it!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6158 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:29:52 PM »
Good for Tyler, I shot both deer with my Wolf this year. 100 grains of 777 pellets and a 245 grain PowerBelt don't pass through, I was 0/3 on the two deer. I would recommend using the sabots, even though they are more of a pain. They are great guns.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6159 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »
Looks like we should get some more water froze over next week. and this for Albany, should be colder up north.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6160 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:18:13 AM »
We took it out to try it in the afternoon yesterday...Wow...Impressed to say the least...first two shots with 100gr of 777 and a 285gr buffalo bullet were almost touching at 12 o'clock 1" high at 75 yards....We moved the target back to just over a hundred, and the next two were less than an inch apart at 3 o'clock 3" low....So looks like with maybe a lighter bullet and the same powder he should be dead on out to 100yards....Not bad for a 150 dollar gun....Cleaned it in 10 minutes with boiling water too...Took longer for the water to boil.... ;) ;) 8)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #6161 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »
       8)  sounds like you have a good one; seen in store didn't know much about them

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6162 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:28:25 AM »
Lordy what a night.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6163 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:48:48 AM »
As they say DRob....self inflicted pain earns no sympathy.... :P :P :P

I'm headed out to do a little bunny hunting with friends....Dogs....bunnies....maybe a bird or two.... ;D ;D ;D
Will try to get some pics!!

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6164 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »
As they say DRob....self inflicted pain earns no sympathy.... :P :P :P

I'm headed out to do a little bunny hunting with friends....Dogs....bunnies....maybe a bird or two.... ;D ;D ;D
Will try to get some pics!!
lol Your right I dont feel so hot. To be honest someone drove me home which was fine but I could have walked. Strawberry moonshine got me. It had strawberroes in it so when the shine was gone I just had to eat the strawberry.

Good luck with the rabbits today.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal