Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642968 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #5805 on: Dec 09, 2011, 07:36:33 AM »
I'm a BIG fan of the seafoam additive. I have always been a firm beliver in using the Manufacturer's 2 cycle oil also. A jug of Polaris oil will probably last you a long time so the difference in cost will be minimal. As far as break in I would run it like it will be ridden. Don't let it idle for long periods or wide open for long periods. The owners manual and dealership should give you all the correct info.

Looks like a real nice rig and you can't beat "new". Congratulations.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5806 on: Dec 09, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »
Sweet sled Steve....   I wish you lots of luck with it.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5807 on: Dec 09, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »
Went on a listing appointment this afternoon. First time I have had the bad news actually make one of the owners pour a glass of Whiskey. :o

Nice looking sled stka. 8)
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011, 03:42:27 PM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5808 on: Dec 09, 2011, 07:35:09 PM »
Another new snowmobile question. I have to run another quart of oil mixed into five gallons of gas through it. They do this to protect the engine in case there's any air bubbles in the oil injection line. I'm thinking about just using generic snowmobile oil for this since the polaris oil is $14 a quart. I'm going to use their oil for the regular oil reservoir but was thinking about saving the extra money to put towards my first gallon of $45 polaris oil :o. Any thoughts? I picked it up today now I just need some snow to get it out and burn the mixed gas through it. Right now it has 1.2 miles on it (from running it on the stand while tuning up.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5809 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
Free to good home - a handsome 5 year old boy and 3 year girl?  Both blonde and blue eyed, healthy as can be.

Pick them up tonight, and I'll throw in a 20ga 870 Express!

I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5810 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »
LOL, having a handful today Kev? Maybe time for hot chocolate spiked with meletonin, and an early bed time  ;D.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5811 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:13:39 PM »
Free to good home - a handsome 5 year old boy and 3 year girl?  Both blonde and blue eyed, healthy as can be.

LMAO...........been there Kev. It'll pass. ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5812 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:15:06 PM »
It's only one tankfull Steve, I'd run what's cheap for the mix, it's getting double .

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5813 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:15:55 PM »
Any good synthetic 2 cycle oil will be good for that stka....Your using Polaris oil in the injection container, so all is needed is a little more for break in... I agree with Bog....don't idle it a lot....your just going to fowl plugs and heat the heads to much....run it like your going to ride it...you'll fowl enough plugs with extra oil as it is....

Sorry Kev....my little one days are long gone.....with the grandson....he goes home when we have had enough... ;)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5814 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »
There we go again Bog!!!! 8)

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #5815 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »

Deal!  ;)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5816 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »
There we go again Bog!!!! 8)

YEP...........................GOOD............... ;D ;D

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5817 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »
A note to the gentle reader:

The item pictured below is intended for children, but does not contain washable ink.  It stains clothes, carpet, and skin.  It is also made in China, as part of their plot to drive Americans absolutely crazy to make their world takeover effortless in the long run.

I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5818 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »
Oi, I can't even imagine. You have my sympathy.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5819 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:32:13 PM »
Now I don't care who you are that's funny right there.  This my friend is nothing.........I'll raise you a tool set with an inquisitive mind and you'll have a yard full of disassembled items that could never again resemble their origin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal