Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642779 times)

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #5745 on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
Opposite side of the lake from Snake Hill Halfrack. Great bass fishing through the whole area south of the sailing club to Stoney point. Watch the springs ot early ice though !!!

halfrack33

« Reply #5746 on: Dec 02, 2011, 02:22:38 PM »
Cool... I'm headed out in the morning to take a hike to fish the narrows from shore. There's a nice little channel up there that lakers and salmon like to pass through. But, I was just talking to a friend and he told me about this... I had no idea!

"Regulation Change: As of August 17, 2011, the number of allowable lines, with or without a rod, that may be used for angling in freshwater was increased to 3 lines. However, when ice fishing, the number of hand lines that may be used remains unchanged at 2 lines (plus 5 tip-ups)."

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5747 on: Dec 03, 2011, 04:03:38 AM »
Not off to a good start already. Coffee maker wouldnt work this morning. ::)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5748 on: Dec 03, 2011, 04:11:02 AM »
Dunkin!!!!

I'm headed to cook for the breakfast with Santa for the kids at the firehouse.... ;D ;D   Yeah!!! 50 screaming kids in a 25X50' room........where are my shooting muffs.... :o :o :o :o

Did get a call from work to see if all was OK....went back down....things didn't end much better...checks didn't arrive...so nopay again this week....two in a row....not good....at least my unemployment was in the bank every week.... ::) ::) ::) ::)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5749 on: Dec 03, 2011, 04:13:55 AM »
Dunkin!!!!
Did get a call from work to see if all was OK....went back down....things didn't end much better...checks didn't arrive...so nopay again this week....two in a row....not good....at least my unemployment was in the bank every week.... ::) ::) ::) ::)
Thats the thing I have Dunkin Donuts coffee here.

I would be pretty steamed to if they didnt pay me when they were supposed too. Not to mention its two weeks in a row.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5750 on: Dec 03, 2011, 04:17:48 AM »
Last week I let it go...holiday in there and no UPS delivery on Friday....but this week they are blaming the payroll company...I dealt with one for years....they don't mess up...you give hours andin minutes they have it processed and sent to your carrier of choice.... >:( >:( >:(

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5751 on: Dec 03, 2011, 04:22:15 AM »
Hopefully it is the payroll company and you get paid soon. Is this the first time this has happened since you started there?

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5752 on: Dec 03, 2011, 04:53:13 AM »
Nice and cold this morning......18*....   Hope there moving...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5753 on: Dec 03, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
They werent moving were I was at.

Getting ready to watch Kentucky beat North Carolina. ;D ;D

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5754 on: Dec 03, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5755 on: Dec 03, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
Planned on starting the leaf clean up this morning, but spent 5 hours trying to fix the blower again. Turns out the cylinder was loose  from the engine block  :o. Just stopped for a bite to eat now I can finally start. Good news is the carburetor is plenty clean now  ::).

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5756 on: Dec 03, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »
Heading over to Herbs to chooot sumpting.... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5757 on: Dec 03, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
Good luck Raquette. Watch out for weak trees.

halfrack33

« Reply #5758 on: Dec 03, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »
Did some shore fishing for lakers and salmon today up north. Had many chasers but no solid hookups. Lost a NICE 8-10 lber a foot from shore. Headed back for the first few hours of light tomorrow  8)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5759 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »
Spent all weekend fighting the leaf blower. After the first round of clean up before they were all down, every time I wanted to do them they were soaked. Started saturday morning at 9am it wouldn't start. Ended up being a loose cylinder. Finally got it figured out, fixed and going around 2pm. Got 80% done but stopped at 6pm because my grandparents and neighbors were already trying to sleep  ::). Fired it up Sunday morning, got another 10% done and then it just died, so I reworked the cylinder gasket yesterday after it died the second time. Let it sit over night to set. After work today I wanted to finish, but declared the blower unresurrectable after several attempts and never a single pop. Ended up spending the majority of the weekend trying to finish the leaves, but spent it disassembling and reassembling the damn blower. Now what's left will be soaked by tomorrow, but at least the majority is done and there aren't any piles left. Should have been less than a days work.
I've got a meeting with my bosses tomorrow (three of them), can't wait to see how that goes. The snowmobile purchase is ready to go, but knowing how things work for me I figured I better wait until after the meeting  ::). I prompted the discussion, so I have no one to blame but myself for the outcome. Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but it was a personal necessity to make some points and get some feedback after almost four years without either. Okay, done venting. Much better, party on Wayne.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2011, 06:34:25 PM by stka »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal