Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642881 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #5700 on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:08:15 AM »
Update....he did have a safety belt on.....but had just unhooked to climb down....The foot platform cables broke, and pitched him back and his legs hung in the stand...that's what broke them... at least that is I'm being told...

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5701 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:44:33 PM »
Thats not good. Hope it turns out ok for him.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5702 on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:00:10 PM »
Will be a long recovery....both ankles shattered.....So the safety belt story isn't holding water....might have been someone trying to cover bases... ;) ;)
He is lucky he is alive, I guess he crawled for three hours.....covered a mile...until he could get cell service and call his brother....they could hear him screaming a mile from him.... :( :(

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #5703 on: Nov 21, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »
Just got done cutting up two bucks a 5 pt. and an 8 pt. from Anticosti for a buddy, went pretty fast it came back all skinned and quartered. I just steaked it up and then made all the burger and mixed it with pork butts. He gave me some steaks for cutting it for him, can't wait to eat them. Anticosti venison is the best I have tasted anywhere hands down!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

halfrack33

« Reply #5704 on: Nov 22, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »
Every last bit of wind has been taken out of my sails... I'm done. Went to check the cams today, one was stolen, the other had no pics. Went to my so zone spot to find posted signs everywhere... guy changed his mind and I can't hunt there. Walked to my old spot near home, and with all the new houses you can't get far enough away to even hunt anymore. I tried to tell myself the state land was worth hunting but its not. I have such a sour taste in my mouth right now. I need to get away from all these dink new yorkers.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5705 on: Nov 22, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »
Just got done cutting up two bucks a 5 pt. and an 8 pt. from Anticosti for a buddy, went pretty fast it came back all skinned and quartered. I just steaked it up and then made all the burger and mixed it with pork butts. He gave me some steaks for cutting it for him, can't wait to eat them. Anticosti venison is the best I have tasted anywhere hands down!

is it expensive to go there?
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5706 on: Nov 22, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »
Every last bit of wind has been taken out of my sails... I'm done. Went to check the cams today, one was stolen, the other had no pics. Went to my so zone spot to find posted signs everywhere... guy changed his mind and I can't hunt there. Walked to my old spot near home, and with all the new houses you can't get far enough away to even hunt anymore. I tried to tell myself the state land was worth hunting but its not. I have such a sour taste in my mouth right now. I need to get away from all these dink new yorkers.

dude i am sorry to hear about your camera that is bs, people have no respect for others property... i definately feel your pain on the posted signs there are some power lines i like to hunt and when the owner passed away his son posted it... I have a tree stand in my back yard and I have had 2 bucks on camera you can only hunt archery back there only a few acres and my mom heard a gunshot a few days ago...Believe me I understand keep plugging away man good things come to those who wait, atleast that is what I am told haha  good luck

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5707 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:35:51 PM »

is it expensive to go there?

to expensive for me, yea it would be a great time and pretty much 100% guaranteed bucks and meat, but the racks and bodys are fairly small. I could be wrong so dont quote me but I believe they each paid around 5000 each before they got back home

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5708 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »
Anticosti venison is the best I have tasted anywhere hands down!

MD has some nice corn and soy bean eaters. ;) ;D

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5709 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:43:55 PM »
You hear that Squirrel? Great tasting venison and huge deer numbers in Maryland! Get on it LOL.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5710 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
You hear that Squirrel? Great tasting venison and huge deer numbers in Maryland! Get on it LOL.

Yep. And tags are cheep and plentyful......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5711 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:47:50 PM »
We even have sikas.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5712 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:17:35 AM »
Got up at 4:30 expecting to look out and see snow...   But no...   Everything is covered in a thick coat of ice....   Back to bed I went....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5713 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:21:34 AM »
Assasin you smell a road trip coming next year? lezzzzz go cuz i sure as heck cant a deer around these parts haha SIX SEASONS!!!! I am slowly losing my mind haha in all seriousness maryland bound

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #5714 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
We even have sikas.

we even have squirrels and stuff too

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal