Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642938 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #5565 on: Nov 05, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
I have a CZ auto 12 gauge, they didn't make them for very long but it's a nice gun, bolt and chamber are nickle plated.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5566 on: Nov 05, 2011, 05:30:21 PM »

Drove across town to buy a Lynch box call, classic Olt Model 66 duck call, and an Olt Perfect Crow Call - 45 bucks.  Ended up buying an old MEC Versa reloader from the gent, too.  It even had the 16ga dies to go along with the 12ga, along with the original manuals, and a first edition Lyman reloading manual.  Another 100 for that package.

Stuffing my face with take-out roast beast dinner from the church up the street.  Beef, squash, real mashed, gravy, coleslaw, chutney, dinner roll, and slice of homemade pie for a ten spot.

I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #5567 on: Nov 05, 2011, 05:32:40 PM »
Sounds like a sweet day to me!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5568 on: Nov 05, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »
Darn Kev I haven't had supper yet, I'm starving now. ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5569 on: Nov 05, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »
Darn Kev I haven't had supper yet, I'm starving now. ;D

Well, fresh warm backstraps are always an option  ;)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

halfrack33

« Reply #5570 on: Nov 05, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
Well... I guess I saved some lives today.

I decided to sit back up on the state land this afternoon where I saw some sign last weekend. It's about a 20 minute drive, then another 10 miles of dirt roads - basically in the middle of nowhere. I was up there by 2 and hiked into my spot by 3. Sat until about 5:30 without seeing a thing, put on a short drive to my buddy, and we were done. We talked for a few minutes at at about 6:10 we decided to take the mile walk back out of the woods. We were about half way there when I saw to figures ahead on the footpath heading our way. I just stared at first trying to figure out what the h3ll people were doing just heading in at this time of night with no lights or anything. We kept walking towards them and they ran up to us frantically asking if we knew how to get back to a road, trailhead, or anything. It was an 18/19 year old guy and girl - he was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt, she was wearing leggings and a sweatshirt. Apparently they had headed in on the other side of the mountain around noon, lost the trail, and had been wandering since. Where we found them, they were about 6 miles from the trailhead their car was at on the total opposite side of the mountain. So we led them out of the woods and gave them a 30 minute ride around the other side of the mountain back to their car. They were basically crying thanking us for helping them out. That would have been one cold night, I was shivering before dark wearing longjons, wool, and a coat. Once we dropped them off my buddy turns to me and says "ya know, I really didn't want to freak them out, but HOLY $&%# they could have died!" SOO... no deer tonight, but I would have to say helping them out may have been better  8)   Now hopefully I start seeing some deer.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2011, 07:56:09 PM by halfrack33 »

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5571 on: Nov 05, 2011, 07:53:45 PM »
Well, fresh warm backstraps are always an option  ;)

Heart and eggs for breakfast............. ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5572 on: Nov 05, 2011, 07:57:49 PM »
Reward for the good deed will come halfrack.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5573 on: Nov 05, 2011, 08:02:59 PM »
Yup, helping is definitely better.  Imagine how weird it would have felt if you never saw them, and then heard about them on the news someday....  Plenty of time left in the season yet.

halfrack33

« Reply #5574 on: Nov 05, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »
Yup, helping is definitely better.  Imagine how weird it would have felt if you never saw them, and then heard about them on the news someday....  Plenty of time left in the season yet.

That's what we were saying. We almost went to another spot today too but didn't have time because I couldn't find my keys then his gun case wouldn't unlock. Stars were aligned just right. They were lucky

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5575 on: Nov 05, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
Good deed Halfrack33. They would have been in a world of hurt by morning. Good thing they recognized they were in trouble.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5576 on: Nov 06, 2011, 05:41:12 AM »
Just went to make a breakfast sandwich and mashed potato pancakes, and there are no eggs in the hose.   >:(

The wife is officially fired.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5577 on: Nov 06, 2011, 05:50:27 AM »
Always feels good to help someone HR...good job!!
It will come back around... ;)

I have eggs....just no one to cook them for.... ::)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5578 on: Nov 06, 2011, 06:14:15 AM »
Always feels good to help someone HR...good job!!
It will come back around... ;)

I have eggs....just no one to cook them for.... ::)

Issiah's house is about in the middle....  See you there around 10?    ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5579 on: Nov 06, 2011, 06:46:21 AM »
Would have to drive really  fast and if the heater in the truck doesn't work they would be frozen....17 degrees here... :-[

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal