Author Topic: Almost got the shaft.  (Read 7358 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Almost got the shaft.
« Reply #30 on: Sep 18, 2010, 05:28:08 AM »
How far from the bow should the paper be?
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #31 on: Sep 18, 2010, 07:52:59 AM »
I set up with the frame about 5' from the target, and shoot about 4-5' from the frame. You want to see what the arrow is doing right off the bow.
Just don't drive yourself nuts if you don't get a true bullet hole. I have had bows that I couldn't, yet they shot just fine. Sometimes the arrow that shoots the best may be a little under or over spined for it. But the fletching will correct it downrange.
And don't be afraid to tell me to go pound salt, sometimes I get way to technical with a bow, LOL.
Like year before last, as good as my bow was shooting and the confidence I had, I still didn't get my deer from a clipped limb, and then coyotes.
I guess that's the reason I feel so strongly about keeping bow season for bows only, not crossbows. It is still, even with the new technology a technical
hunting style.
OK enough rambling, you can tell I'm tired.....

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #32 on: Sep 18, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »
I am certainly willing to "tinker with it" Maybe I can shoot better that "good enough". I'm stuck at work today but facebook boy has his Block with him so if we get a break I may shoot it.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #33 on: Sep 18, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
Not sure how your area is doing, my pager hasn't quit for longer than 20 minutes today. LOL
Luck is holding none are for us. I'm here without a vehicle, will have to run the half mile to the house to catch the truck.... ::) ???
Hope you can get FBBLH out from in front of his status!!!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #34 on: Sep 18, 2010, 12:42:42 PM »
Just got back we have been out since 830. lunch is done. Few chore's to take care of now.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #35 on: Sep 18, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »
Well I taped some copy paper to a folding chair LOL. Broadhead passed 1" up and to the right of the vane's. Moved the rest left,shot near perfect hole's then,except I ran out of sight adjustment to move the pin's left.  I ended up cheating the rest back a little  and the sight is good. Already can see the shaft's are more parallel in the target and the broadheads /field point's are very close.  Thank's for the Help Scott, Guy's like you are what makes this sport so enjoyable.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #36 on: Sep 18, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »
Glad to help Harrie, but the real bonus is you can do it yourself now. I get more out of learning to do it myself.
Hope you get to stick a couple in bow season. You too, LH!!!, we will get Harrie versed in bow tuning and he can help when you have a problem.
Good shooting to you both, and the boys and MOM!!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #37 on: Sep 18, 2010, 02:40:59 PM »
He has a lot of problem's I could help him with but his bow isn't one of them.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #38 on: Sep 18, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
Poor LH.....He He..... :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal