Author Topic: What a bust  (Read 1948 times)

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
What a bust
« on: Jul 14, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »
well got real discouraged today after I checked my trail cam.  There were no pics of wildlife at all on it.  The only pic was of me setting it up and then coming to get it.  Talked to bogman about it and it seems I may have set it to high on the tree.  I placed it just about chest high figuring it would be fine there.  Bogman thought I should probably place it waste high or place some thing behind it to get a better angle.  There is so much life there i just cant believe nothing set it off.  Oh well maybe after I reset it tommorrow I can have some pics here next week.  Any tips would be great.  Thanks guys

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
Re: What a bust
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »
If its getting a pic of you it should be working ok,waist high is to low IMO!!!!!My bucks are far away right now in bachelor groups where I dont dare set it out due to thieves....Cant wait to see  if there are any survivors from last year........

Offline BIG NINE!!!

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »
Liberal,
I would definately say it was too high. I had the same problem and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any pictures when I knew that there was fresh tracks right in front of it. I brought one of my buddies and he moved it between knee and waist high. It has a laser on it that shows you where it is taking pictures and i had it way too high. on a couple of other times i was getting tops of horns or ears. Again I was too high, as soon as I moved it lower everything worked perfect.
Remember a deer is pretty short 3-4 feet at the shoulder. Good luck I can't wait to see those pictures!!!  ;)

Later,
BIG NINE!!!
Later,
BIG NINE!!!

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2010, 09:56:27 PM »
Thanks for the info big 9.  I am going tommorrow and will set it up lower like you and Bog suggested.  Hopefully nice pics will follow!! ;D

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2010, 10:12:14 PM »
Saw this post earlier but could not respond due to work. I set mine knee to stomach height on flat ground. If you are on a hill you will need to put it higher if the trail is coming down the hill. Lower than knee height vice versa. Also a little tip to avoid whiteout pics is to always face the cam North and South. East and West may put the cam in direct sunlight. If it's wooded it may not make a difference. Now adjust that bad boy and make us proud.

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2010, 06:05:29 AM »
thanks droberts I am definately going lower with the cam.  I hope to make proud with the pics.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal