Author Topic: The buck's are coming right along.  (Read 1612 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
The buck's are coming right along.
« on: May 21, 2010, 10:07:09 AM »
More and more growth soon I will be counting their point's. ;D They sure do find the minerals lip smackin' good.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: The buck's are coming right along.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 05:45:09 PM »
Don't know if you bucks are bigger or start growing sooner, but they're a lot farther along than any I got pics of.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 06:26:39 PM »
 Nice pictures Drobs..  I cant wait till I start getting some...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
Looks good DR! You should have a couple nice young boys around for bow season.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »
Thanks fellas. I have a feeling there are a few big boys around. They generally come out around late June and July to the mineral site. I know there was 4 bigger bucks around that should have made it from last season. At least I hope so.

I have come to face reality that I may not kill a buck this season. I have not shot one buck with a gun since 07. Started bow hunting in 08 and killed a 6 pointer. I was tickled to death with him. Last year ended up killing the sexy seven with my bow. My first deer I had trail camera pictures of that I killed. 

Now I am to the point were I am trying to shoot only wall hangers in my eyes. With the bag limits here in MD and the above average doe population. I would rather take out several big does for meat than small bucks. Let's face it I cant eat the antlers no matter how long I boil them. ;D Not saying I will only shoot a 4 or 5 year old bucks either. That's just not being realistic in my area.  Thanks for letting me ramble. ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal