Author Topic: Beaver Trapping  (Read 4099 times)

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
Beaver Trapping
« on: Aug 06, 2005, 01:33:21 PM »
Beaver trapping posts here!

MASTERGUIDE

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
Re: Beaver Trapping
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2005, 01:41:33 PM »
When I was under the ice trapping last year, I used pine branches to cover up the holes so they wouldn't freeze so bad, but I just think there is a better way, so if anyone has any ideas post them here.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline trapperdirk

• Forked
  • The bush is not just a passion , it is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2005, 04:54:31 PM »
A piece of cardboard or plywood across the hole then pile snow on that and it won't freeze solid or very little . Just be sure to mark it well so you know exactly where hole is in case it snows more . Ice usually doesn't form thick close to lodges and feed beds so get ready for a polar dip or two every winter and when it happens the family jewels go into hiding till June . LOL ;) ;D

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2005, 12:04:27 AM »
Yeah, I will have to try cardboard this winter, I have seen it once, but never did it, thanks for the tip.  I saw a picture yesterday of this guy with a 125 pound beaver. It was almost as big as him, anyone know of a bigger one, is there even a record?  It would be interesting to know.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline trapperdirk

• Forked
  • The bush is not just a passion , it is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2005, 01:19:28 AM »
Yeah, I will have to try cardboard this winter, I have seen it once, but never did it, thanks for the tip.  I saw a picture yesterday of this guy with a 125 pound beaver. It was almost as big as him, anyone know of a bigger one, is there even a record?  It would be interesting to know.

MASTERGUIDE

I saw a pic of a huge beaver too sometime ago that was either 125 lbs or a 129 lbs . I heard it was some kind of record . I have caught some going in the 70 lb range but not anywhere close to that 125 lbs . Slugging him out of the bush must have been a grunt or two involved . ;D  If you can find that pic it would be nice to see again MG.

TD

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2005, 02:02:39 AM »
I don't think I can get the pic, becuase its in a furbuyers shed, and the pic seemed pretty dear to him, and its way north of where I live and probably no way to copy it or get it out of his shed.  I would like to get a copy if I could though, becuase it would be really cool for everyone to see.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline barleydog

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2005, 01:27:54 AM »
125 lb. beaver??  The mind wonders........  and I'm stuck with one that weighes 160, (but she can cook!) :D

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2005, 11:16:11 PM »
Thats the kind I need to find

MASTERGUIDE

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal