Author Topic: What to get for winter deer feed?  (Read 21329 times)

Offline krayfish211

• Nubbie
  • me on the right 10pt 11-15-09
Re: What to get for winter deer feed?
« Reply #75 on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:18:41 AM »
well i can say that on my familys farm we have not shot doe in 12 years and we harvest 3 or 4 nice bucks a year.the way i look at it is....if the rut is on u want them doe around they bring bucks from the surrounding area into are area, and we have 280 acres with not a day that goes by without seeing doe.but then again if it were my own land i would shoot atleast one doe a year,but it is my grandpa's land and he is a ol timer who will never allow us to shoot them.so even when he passes i dont think the rest of my family will allow it either.this year we took 5 bucks off our land 3 10pts,2 9pts,two of them u can see on my opening day pic in the michigan lower forum (opening day buck updated pic)

halfrack33

« Reply #76 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:55:33 AM »
well i can say that on my familys farm we have not shot doe in 12 years and we harvest 3 or 4 nice bucks a year.the way i look at it is....if the rut is on u want them doe around they bring bucks from the surrounding area into are area, and we have 280 acres with not a day that goes by without seeing doe.but then again if it were my own land i would shoot atleast one doe a year,but it is my grandpa's land and he is a ol timer who will never allow us to shoot them.so even when he passes i dont think the rest of my family will allow it either.this year we took 5 bucks off our land 3 10pts,2 9pts,two of them u can see on my opening day pic in the michigan lower forum (opening day buck updated pic)

I believe... the goal is a healthy ratio. AND with less doe, the bucks have to move to find them rather than an overflow of does where the buck can sit in hiding and not have to move at all. That way you see more bucks as well.

Offline Madpuppy

• 6 Pointer
  • SAPA SUMANITU TAKA
« Reply #77 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:00:04 AM »
WOW 200 DEER!! Thats crazy. Do they still have their racks down there? Congrats to them for still whackin em
Still got their racks, we have a ton of deer in Nebraska. The problem with deer/car accidents is as bad as we've ever seen. The State is doing what it can by almost giving away permits, notice I said almost as our State doesn't give anything away. We still have 2,239 doe permits left for the southern half of our county and their are only 7,500 people in Blair of which maybe 200 hunt deer. Taking does here is not a problem.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal