Author Topic: Maybe primitive arms will give me my first!  (Read 2331 times)

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
Maybe primitive arms will give me my first!
« on: Dec 14, 2009, 05:33:10 PM »
Well my first shotgun season is over and I was not able to harvest a deer.  I did learn more then i ever thought I would from my good friend bogman.  My wife knows I'm hooked because as she says, "I've never seen you get up so early so many days in a row".  Perhaps I will get lucky over the next few weeks and a nice deer will walk out in front of me and I can get my chance with a black powder gun.  Heres to hope!!

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
Re: Maybe primitive arms will give me my first!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2009, 06:23:02 PM »
No deer as well!!!Got 1 week to fill my muzzle-loader and archery....Dont like my chances!!!! ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2009, 06:43:35 PM »
I'll tell you one more time bud, Luck is way more important than any skill i can teach you. ;D
Plenty of time left,I had a tough season last year untill blackpowder then i had 2 hanging in 3 days. You just never know.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2009, 04:23:50 AM »
Just keep at it, I missed our late muzzle loader season, and the guys that wanted to go where I do with me, went without me and nailed two. I might have seen a deer as I know the area real well and it was their first time there!!

Offline dooberhoopa

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2009, 04:33:15 AM »
rough regular season here too...only saw five deer, two were way too small and i only saw the hind end of the other 3, gonna keep trying with the muzzleloader tho

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
 Git-yer-gun son. Time to get in the wood's!!! The snow's coming and the Deer will be moving. Got 11 pic's of deer in the food plot the last 2 nights. All good eaters.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal