Author Topic: How old do you have to be to hunt alone if you have a FID card..and to transport  (Read 4824 times)

Offline trying to get my first

• 6 Pointer
Is it 18? or 17?

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
15 can have a FID with parental permission and a hunter safety course.there may be a snag for them to hunt alone until they are 16, but after that they can transport a long gun with a trigger lock on until they reach the woods. I'll look into it a little deeper and get back to you.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
M.G.L. Chapter 131 section 14, I read it to say if they have a huntersafety Cert. they can be alone.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/131-14.htm

Hope this helps
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 6 Pointer
Ya that kinda helped lol lots of words but i think in general is said age 15--17 must have a hunting license and be with an adult but i cold be miss reading it..anyonee else got any more input on this subject?

• 6 Pointer
woop just saw the first reply ...thanks for looking into it more...it was just bugging me this question. I thought it was u could hunt alone but could not transport guns/ammo in a car alone under 18 didnt make sence to me lol

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Its a little confusing but i have been through it 3 times and 1 to go (4 sons) . my guys have bought ammo since they were 16 even 15 maybe. The FID limits them from purchasing a long gun but they can transport just like an adult.

Offline BearHunter60

• Forked
i looked through the abstracts this year and noticed the same thing. I've been hunting the past 2 years under 18 and have been carring a shotgun in the woods. I've never been bothered by a warden but i hope its legal for people under 18 to hunt alone in the woods.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Yes you can.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal