Author Topic: Stolen Stand  (Read 2214 times)

Offline BearHunter60

• Forked
Stolen Stand
« on: Aug 14, 2009, 11:40:42 AM »
Hey i went out to check my ladder stand today for the first time since March and had an unpleasant suprise. When i got to the tree I realized that my stand was gone with no trace to be found. I had it locked to the tree but someone cut it and took it. I guess i learned my lesson on leaving a stand past deer season but i thought other hunters would be more decent and wouldn't sink so low as to take another hunters tree stand. If anyone in Western Mass hears anything about a 15ft ladder stand with arm rests that sounds a little fishy then feel free to pm me. Thanks.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
Re: Stolen Stand
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2009, 12:13:44 PM »
I had that happen to me during the bow season a few years ago. What a bummer :-\ I just don't understand why some people have to be such scumbags.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »
It is a joke i always worry about my stands and trail cameras...sorry about yours.....was it on state/public land or was it private?

Offline BearHunter60

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2009, 01:45:30 PM »
It is a joke i always worry about my stands and trail cameras...sorry about yours.....was it on state/public land or was it private?

It was unfortunately on public land. So it was kinda my mistake of leaving it up for the season but i should be able to leave it up for the rest of the year without worrying about some scumbag taking it on me. Oh well, lesson learned.

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »
Doesn't do anything for the sport of hunting does it? As much as we want to think of hunters as ethical people, it really isn't reality. I guess we need there to be better education for hunters like there is for fisherman, fishing has come along way in terms of ethics.

Sorry about your stand, it is sad that people think just because they can take it they do.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal