Author Topic: STKAs TrailCam  (Read 155675 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: STKAs TrailCam
« Reply #90 on: Aug 30, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »
Looks like a prime bedding area to the north east. I would investigate that strip of trees across from the yellow dot. There looks like a good acess to the field without
walking through open areas. Even though the border is right next to the field. Any possibilty of getting permission to that land?

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #91 on: Aug 30, 2010, 03:26:34 PM »
I've been working on the property to the north and south, the north was owned by someone I had indirect access to, but it's been sold and I don't know who owns it now. There's someone "hunting" in the woods on the south that's trespassing, hoping to use that to get sole permission and kick them out. I currently have permission to recover deer from that land. Those woods are up for sale now, so it might be easier to gain permission from the current owner. The two northern fields where it looks blotchy are densely over grown and there are deer bedding all over the place in the fields and the woods. It's a very hard place to hunt in the morning. My current plan is to hunt 4J in the mornings for does and here in the pm.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #92 on: Sep 04, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
My girlfriend was with me the fist time I walked into this spot and I told her right then I was going to put a treestand there. Now the stand has been there for a week and I can't wait to hunt it. The camera is mounted within 2 feet of the ladder. Not sure if I got them all represented, but where are at least four bucks in a week. I had 100 triggers, maybe 20 wind and a ton of a doe and her fawn. There's a video for each pic, except the last one

I cropped this pic to try to keep some size to it.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #93 on: Sep 04, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
Looks like a hot spot. Nice buch there too.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #94 on: Sep 04, 2010, 07:11:35 PM »
Here's two slightly better videos of the two bucks together, the one looks like a decent eight. Big enough for me anyway.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #95 on: Sep 04, 2010, 07:27:47 PM »
Nice pics...!!! Thanks!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #96 on: Sep 04, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »
Looks like your in business!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #97 on: Sep 04, 2010, 10:15:51 PM »
Thats a nice one stka! Hope to see the glory shots with him.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #98 on: Sep 05, 2010, 06:26:54 AM »
I couldn't be happier with what I'm seeing. The biggest thing the trail cameras do for me is to give me the ability to pass on some of those smaller bucks for a while. There's three bucks I would shoot without a second thought, but for some reason that big seven is the one that's stuck in my head. My father and I both think he looks like he's out of velvet already but it's hard to tell without a color pic.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #99 on: Sep 05, 2010, 07:22:39 AM »
I think you are right...looks like solid antler...he wouldbe a great bow kill...!  Hope to see him in a different photo!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #100 on: Sep 05, 2010, 07:48:16 AM »
Nice Pics, any good trails leading to the ponds?
I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #101 on: Sep 05, 2010, 07:51:33 AM »
Those are some good pictures...  NICE...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #102 on: Sep 05, 2010, 01:12:37 PM »
Nice Pics, any good trails leading to the ponds?

There isn't anything real beat down, but I'm going to move a stand there so I can sneak into it  in the am.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #103 on: Sep 05, 2010, 01:21:08 PM »
Cool STKA!! Hope he shows himself on the opener of bow season!!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #104 on: Sep 06, 2010, 06:50:03 AM »
I'm pretty pumped on that stand, I just hope the deer hold this pattern into bow season. You can see the field through the opening in front of the camera, it's a few years over grown and perfect bedding area. The other field behind the camera is the same, the stand is at the end of the hedge row between them and on the hard wood line. I wanted to put my new Bushnell trophy cam in the field to get their direction down better, but the display was dead when I moved it saturday. I went back yesterday to get it and check it out. Turns out the batteries were dead, after one week  >:(.  I have another stand on the south side of the back field too, this one is on the north.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal