Author Topic: STKAs TrailCam  (Read 155839 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: STKAs TrailCam
« Reply #45 on: Jul 06, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm hoping to get a better pic of that last one.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #46 on: Jul 25, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
Got a few more pics off the trail cams today. I'm headed to the Netherlands for 12 days, so I won't be checking them again to soon.

After checking the cameras we stopped to harass the pond bass with my friend and his kids. By measuring with my hands, I'm pretty sure this one was 20-22".

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #47 on: Jul 26, 2010, 05:38:32 AM »
great pics, thanks!  Nice bucks, the pics are huge though you might want to shrink them down on photobucket or something!! :o
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #48 on: Jul 26, 2010, 06:27:53 AM »
Nice pics. I like crooked brows and is that a fisher in the one pic? Nice bass did you catch him on a frog? Have a safe trip and you guys have inspired me to check may cams today.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #49 on: Jul 26, 2010, 08:08:41 AM »
Thanks. That is a fisher that's the second pic I got of him, I got one last year. I've got a new ladder stand laying on the ground right behind the camera, I think that's going to be a great stand. It's on a rock wall about 15' from an over grown field, the stand will be right on the edge of the field in a clump of oaks. I got the bass on a white rubber worm when it started pulling drag I thought I had snagged one of his grass carp.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #50 on: Jul 26, 2010, 09:53:27 AM »
Never seen a fisher in the wild. Dont know much about them but the claim the are here in MD. There is even a season for them here. It looks and sounds like a great spot for a stand.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #51 on: Aug 05, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »
Nice pictures STKA looks like you have a few bucks to chase around this year.  That's awesome you got a picture of a fisher, what part of the state are you in?

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #52 on: Aug 05, 2010, 03:15:46 PM »
My main spot where the cameras are is actually in 5R  ;D. I live in Colonie (4J) but have sole permission for two neighboring properties totaling over 60 acres (I think) adjacent to over 100 acres of unhunted woods. It's the type of spot you hope to find if you make the amount of effort in finding new spots I do. I'm going to move the cameras next time out to see if I can find some different bucks, especially the huge 3 from my pics last year earlier in the thread. And of course the two eights I never saw during last season. Just changed my reservations, I won't be back in the US until the 14th. Saw another group (herd???) of 15+ cottontails today, I'll try to get a pick before I leave.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #53 on: Aug 09, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »
I know it's not hunting, but Here's a link to my album of pics from my day trip to Antwerp Belgium if anyone's interested. I'm clearly no photographer. All my pictures usually have an expired critter or a fish in them  ;D.

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/skabrehl/Netherlands/

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #54 on: Aug 09, 2010, 06:57:54 PM »
Lots of cool architecture over there. I'd say you have a pretty cool job. Thanks for sharing with us stka.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #55 on: Aug 09, 2010, 08:44:27 PM »
Very nice STKA!! All the pics are good. Great job you have to travel the world. Enjoy it, I'm sure you do.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #56 on: Aug 10, 2010, 06:32:44 AM »
I don't take my job for granted, trust me. This trip is only my second, Tokyo ~18 months ago was my first. Sounds like more will be coming more frequently now. These two weeks are long, because I'm here with my boss, but he has his family with him so I've been on my own outside of work. But the weather's good (70's) the food is very good and the beer isn't bad either ;). Hopefully I'll get to check my trail cam this Sunday, traveling all day Saturday (overtime  ;D).

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #57 on: Aug 15, 2010, 02:57:49 PM »
I'm back in the US finally. Not seeing any real monsters on the cameras yet, but there are several different bucks around my spot. I might not be to picky if it looks like I have to travel during the bow season. I moved a camera to a different area of the property I hadn't been on, already plan to move a stand there it's a nice transition area between two over grown fields and a thicket with a heavily used run coming out. Notice the time on the pictures, most are during daylight. I'll have a stand there by the bow opener.

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2010, 03:01:52 PM by stka »

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #58 on: Aug 15, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »
Nice pics stka. The buck in the third pic has some palmation going on the right side.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #59 on: Aug 16, 2010, 06:08:32 AM »
Don't laugh, if I have a short season that might be my three points for the year  8), although I'd like to wait for a 7-8, which would be my biggest. I might be on a machine install during the season at Notre Dame. Or back to Holland to ship the second prototype over here. I plan on taking at least two for the freezer this year. I'd rather take a small buck than a doe with a fawn, but that's just a preference.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal