Author Topic: Wish me luck on this guy.  (Read 2971 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Wish me luck on this guy.
« on: Jul 01, 2009, 09:31:55 AM »
This buck was a basket eight last year and looks like he could be a main frame ten this year. I passed on him last year. I dont think his rack is completely done development on his right side so we shall see. Do you guys think he will make Pope and Young. Either way I always wanted a ten and have blown my chance at one twice. I would love to take this deer with my bow. I know some may think hes still to young but I hunt on 25 acres. Passing on him would be nuts in the heavily pressured area I hunt in. Im pretty sure this is him from last year in the last pic.

Offline Hunta

• 6 Pointer
  • The one that didn't get away. 10pt 209lbs.
Re: Wish me luck on this guy.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2009, 11:44:30 AM »
Looks like he has grown a little, it is hard to tell in the dark. I notice it looks like the deer is always heading to a small field or opening. Looks like a great place early in the morning or last stand. I'm from Maine and see a lot of deer much bigger then that so I would pass. Being from Maryland that looks like a good size deer for your area. Didn't I see a picture posted on here last year with the deer heading in the opposite direction.

Bring on expanded season 2011

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »
Looks like he has grown a little, it is hard to tell in the dark. I notice it looks like the deer is always heading to a small field or opening. Looks like a great place early in the morning or last stand. I'm from Maine and see a lot of deer much bigger then that so I would pass. Being from Maryland that looks like a good size deer for your area. Didn't I see a picture posted on here last year with the deer heading in the opposite direction.

Hunta hes coming from a bedding area down a funnel heading to get a drink from the creek. I dont have pics of him coming back the same way.  I have another shot of him as he started to grow his antlers coming through at a little after 7am. Except this time he came down the fence row not the funnel same area though. I am praying he sticks to his pattern during the start of bow season.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2009, 05:58:05 AM »

Hes a beauty. That sure is a well worn trail  they got there. Hope you got your tree picked to hang your stand, ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Hunta

• 6 Pointer
  • The one that didn't get away. 10pt 209lbs.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2009, 10:33:16 AM »
When does bow season start for you in Maryland. In Maine we are starting our expanded season Sept 12 and that goes to Dec 12. I just out my two trail cameras out last Friday afternoon. As I walked into the are I hunt I jumped 6 deer. When I came back to the road where the truck was parked a small doe was feeding in a small area of grass right across from the truck. Here is a cell phone picture.

Bring on expanded season 2011

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »
When does bow season start for you in Maryland. In Maine we are starting our expanded season Sept 12 and that goes to Dec 12. I just out my two trail cameras out last Friday afternoon. As I walked into the are I hunt I jumped 6 deer. When I came back to the road where the truck was parked a small doe was feeding in a small area of grass right across from the truck. Here is a cell phone picture.

It starts in the middle of September. I have not got my license yet this year so I dont know the exact date for sure. I know that they just passed a law here in Maryland to allow hunting on certain Sundays throughout bow season. Cant wait to hunt on a Sunday that will just feel strange ;D. Looking forward to seeing those trail cam pics Hunta.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal