Author Topic: It's time to get them out!  (Read 2987 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
It's time to get them out!
« on: May 07, 2009, 10:16:23 AM »
   Went out last Saturday and hung both my trail cams. I am keeping my Moultrie positioned right in front of where I put out the apple blocks,Deer Cane, and corn. With the Covert II being used as a floater around the property. Went out turkey hunting yesterday and the display on the Moultrie said it had 42 pics on it. Not bad for three and a half days of being out and it was mostly raining over that time. Can't wait to pull the card this weekend to see what's on there. As for the Covert II I put it in a funnel leading from the bedding area down to the creek. I plan on only checking this one once a month. They are starting to grow there antlers now so get them cameras out there.

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
  • Whack 'em and stack 'em!
Re: It's time to get them out!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »
I have been scheming to put them along my driveway to catch who's busting my trash cans, LOL.  Other than that, I've got a couple spots to start putting them at a new hunting spot that I got.  Gotta narrow down the best trails so I can get my stand up early before bow starts.

Frederick huh?  Not too far from me.  I'm in Boyds.
-Kevin Wilson

"Rabbit, rabbit...5 O'clock...It's comin' right for us!"  http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:57:51 AM »
I have been scheming to put them along my driveway to catch who's busting my trash cans, LOL.  Other than that, I've got a couple spots to start putting them at a new hunting spot that I got.  Gotta narrow down the best trails so I can get my stand up early before bow starts.

Frederick huh?  Not too far from me.  I'm in Boyds.
Boyds Clarksburg area? You do any fishing at Black Hills?

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
  • Whack 'em and stack 'em!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 11:11:36 AM »
Boyds Clarksburg area? You do any fishing at Black Hills?

Yep, every now and then.  Lately my time has been eaten up by my daughter's softball...year long between travel ball and high school play.  I haven't hit the lake this year yet.  I was out on the Lower Potomac earlier for some  largemouth and did OK.  But yep, I love Black Hills.  It's challenging at times, other times great...and the muskies are fun when they don't bite you off!
-Kevin Wilson

"Rabbit, rabbit...5 O'clock...It's comin' right for us!"  http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »
Yep, every now and then.  Lately my time has been eaten up by my daughter's softball...year long between travel ball and high school play.  I haven't hit the lake this year yet.  I was out on the Lower Potomac earlier for some  largemouth and did OK.  But yep, I love Black Hills.  It's challenging at times, other times great...and the muskies are fun when they don't bite you off!
I hear you on the muskies. I always seem to catch them on accident while fishing for the bass.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal