Author Topic: This weeks catch  (Read 5100 times)

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
This weeks catch
« on: Nov 15, 2008, 09:18:25 PM »
There should be about 45 coons there. Caught some of them in live traps but most were caught in bucket cuddies with 220 conibears. Sold 81 so far this season thats the most I have ever caught. My best daily catch so far is 16 out of 22 traps set. That should help the bird numbers around here.

Offline Duce

• Forked
Re: This weeks catch
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »
Good catch there! Ain't seen a pile o' coons like that since we got rid of the coon hounds.

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2008, 09:29:25 PM »
Good catch there! Ain't seen a pile o' coons like that since we got rid of the coon hounds.
thanks

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »
Missed this thread when it came out;  Would like to say Congrats! That's some good trappin there...

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »
Missed this thread when it came out;  Would like to say Congrats! That's some good trappin there...

Thanks that was my second batch working on the third batch now and that will be all this year.

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »
Here is some pics of what I used to catch the coons with:

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2008, 08:04:04 PM »
You don't use Buckets anymore?  Did the state pass regs on using them?

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2008, 10:09:18 PM »
You don't use Buckets anymore?  Did the state pass regs on using them?
I still use the bucket sets, they are legal in wyoming. I also trap on private land where I dont have to worry about catching pets. The farmers really appriciate the loss of their coons.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2008, 06:12:54 AM »
My Bad I screwed up the word Used in my head when I read it; took it as past tense.     

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2008, 01:11:15 PM »
My Bad I screwed up the word Used in my head when I read it; took it as past tense.     
No problem I should have just put use instead of used. Got 48 more racoons so far, the fur buyer is coming to town on the 12th of December he will get all I have. Then I will pull all my traps and get ready for ICE FISHING season. What other kinds of critters do you trap for?

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2008, 05:21:07 PM »
I just started a few years ago and have tried a little bit of everything. No big numbers though; I'm thinking once I get really good at making catches, I'll try to go for bigger numbers.  So far I've taken Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Mink, Muskrat, Skunk, Coon & that Fisher.  Still trying for a Weasle, Marten, Otter & Bobcat; Crazy as it may sound I'd like to catch a Possum too...

How bout you, what esle do you trap for in WY?  Do you Flesh all those Coon!? 

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2008, 05:24:25 PM by Issiah »

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2008, 06:38:34 PM »
Thats a pile of coons.Thatll help out the grouse and gobblers.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2008, 06:44:01 PM by buckblaster »
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »
I just started a few years ago and have tried a little bit of everything. No big numbers though; I'm thinking once I get really good at making catches, I'll try to go for bigger numbers.  So far I've taken Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Mink, Muskrat, Skunk, Coon & that Fisher.  Still trying for a Weasle, Marten, Otter & Bobcat; Crazy as it may sound I'd like to catch a Possum too...

How bout you, what esle do you trap for in WY?  Do you Flesh all those Coon!? 

Ive tried a few different critters. Found the coons with the price of gas are the easyest to deal with, plus you don't have to take to much time to make a set. I have tried fleshing some of the coons and usally end up ruining the hide, takes some real talent to flesh a coon. I will skin some of them if I have the time, get an additional 5 dallars for skinning them. this is by far the most I have ever caught. I just do this until we get hard water then I spend the rest of the time ice fishing. those bucket cuddy sets work really well. I also gave all my leg hold traps to a youngster that wanted to try trapping but couldnt afford traps. He is really excited about it.

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:26:39 PM »
Thats a pile of coons.Thatll help out the grouse and gobblers.
Thats what I was thinking. We have mostly pheasants here with a few turkey's lots of geese and ducks so they all should get some help out of less coons and I also get a few of them nasty smelly black and white critters too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal