Author Topic: Weekend in Pittsburg  (Read 2042 times)

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
  • New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting!
Weekend in Pittsburg
« on: Oct 12, 2008, 10:45:48 AM »
I had a great time up in Pittsburg with NHTROUTFISHERMAN and DuckDoctor (IS and MyFishFinder) with one exception.  NHTF and I got up to the camp at about 9 and went to buck rub for dinner.  When DD got there, we pulled an all-nighter talking and goofing off.  When the morning came, NHTF went fishing and the rest of us went partridge hunting and to call moose.  We had one bull start coming on the otherside of a swamp.  He was getting close but something spooked him.  We were down wind of him and didn't get a look, but it sounded like a mature bull.  Later DD got a partridge before he and Laine and her daughter had to do some packing at her house.

Here is where it got bad for me.  I was hunting partridge and found one, he was strutting, took to the air and I fired.  I'm pretty sure I hit him.  I went over to the portion of the woods where he went and found nothing.  No blood, no feathers, no bird.  So now I'm thinking it was a clean miss (so I'm hoping).  But just to be sure I figured I'd retrace my steps again in case he was down and I missed him.  I stood on what I thought was a rock.  As I went to step off, my left leg went through the rotted "rock" followed by my twisting and my knee popping.  My left used to be my good one  ::)  So I'm going to my doctor tomorrow to get it checked out.  Hopefully not too serious but I have a feeling it is more serious than when I injured my right knee.  If I need surgery I'll rehab it enough to sit in a blind this season so I can still get a deer or two then have the surgery after school and the deer season ends.

Sucks, I really enjoyed partridge hunting... all 4 hours of it.  I'll be out again though, I just have to take it easy for a couple weeks and get it checked out.  Hopefully no surgery and I just need to rehab it.  Then I can use that as an excuse to walk and hunt birds.  I can still walk and can climb stairs smartly.  The pain doesn't bother me, but the depression of potentially not hunting and needing surgery is weighing me down.  Wish me luck.

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
Re: Weekend in Pittsburg
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »
Sorry to hear about the leg. I know your pain , I have had a surgery for something or another for four years now during derby weekend .  Bird hunting is a blast ! I love to watch my German shorthair work. He's not the best by far but we have fun and always come home with some birds.

Offline pipes18079

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »
Ouch I feel your pain I have had numerous dislocations of both knees and let me say it hurts just to think of it

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
  • New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »
Thanks.  I'm still hoping to do some hunting this weekend if my knee feels better.  Maybe some road hunting or something that doesn't require too much walking.

Went to the doctor today, I have to see an orthopedist (as predicted).  Meniscus and possible ACL (also as predicted).  It feels a little better, except what I think is my ACL does not.  Still acute pain and it hasn't improved at all. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal