Author Topic: read the woodcock rules!  (Read 1944 times)

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
read the woodcock rules!
« on: Oct 02, 2008, 06:17:05 AM »
 I came on two sets of bird hunters yesterday that had both taken woodcock. They were at pheasant stocking sites at the upper hill site.They didn't know of the Oct. 6th opening date that changed last year. I also got hit with a load of pellets in the p.m. ,I was lucky that they came from 150 yards and only was only like someone had thrown a hadfull of bb's at me .

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
  • New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting!
Re: read the woodcock rules!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2008, 07:20:19 AM »
I wonder if they got their HIP permit to.  Sounds like a zoo out there.

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
It's always a zoo the first few days. I got to see F.&G. stock today ,about thirty birds. I had already limited out and was back at the truck when a 73 year old grandfather and his 12 year old grandson pulled in and had no dog so out we went again and both tagged out with in an hour. So we all had a good day and the dog had 11 great points !

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
  • New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2008, 06:39:45 AM »
Nice!  Sounds like a good dog.

On my way to Kittery I saw a dead pheasant on the side of the highway about <100 yards shy of exit 9.  It's probably one of those birds they stocked that tried to cross the highway.

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2008, 05:26:27 PM »
probably , I've seen the volunteers drop crippled and half dead birds on the ground .Any time your in the squam lakes area let me know and maybe we can hook up to hunt some pheasant or woodcock.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal