Author Topic: pheasants  (Read 2465 times)

Offline pipes18079

• 6 Pointer
pheasants
« on: Sep 30, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
Good luck to anyone heading out in the am for pheasants. I am heading out before I leave for N.C. in the morning

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
  • New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting!
Re: pheasants
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2008, 06:25:37 AM »
Good luck.  I didn't opt for the pheasant permit this year.

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2008, 12:18:33 PM »
First day went by quickly with two roosters in the a.m. There was alot of shooting in the first hour , some before legal light !I went to old hill village in the franklin falls dam project.Put up about ten woodcock which I would love to have shot ! Good luck everyone !

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2008, 04:11:32 PM »
If no one has any need for the feathers, instead of throwing them away, I'd like some for fly tying if I could.  Just throwing the idea out there in case anyone doesn't need them.  Same goes for turkeys and ducks.  A lot of the stuff that gets thrown away I could use if no one minds saving it for me.

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2008, 06:11:20 AM »
 No problem , what feathers do you need ? I have turkey ,pheasant, and some quail.Let me know and where to send them.

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2008, 07:25:47 AM »
Thanks huntr.  I use the molted feathers, the biots, pheasant crest, tail clumps... pretty much everything.  There are a lot of feathers to get off the capes of partridge, pheasants, etc.

I could pay for you to ship them or I could meet you somewhere to pick them up.  Are you planning on being at the little Alaska outing in January for the hardwater?

Offline huntr-

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2008, 02:01:36 PM »
Yes I'm looking forward to meeting all the other members. I can bring them then or I can mail them out anytime you need them and don't worry about any postage I got it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal