Author Topic: Ramifications of BSE  (Read 2793 times)

Offline unclebuck

• Nubbie
Ramifications of BSE
« on: Sep 12, 2004, 05:24:49 PM »
It sounds like the farmers & ranchers of Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba will not be giving permission for our American friends to hunt on private property, whether it be for birds or big game!!!  The continued closure of the border to live beef would appear to be the reason.  A lobby group in Montana, ARC, could really give a rat's patoot, as they seem to be the group that wants to keep the border closed to the best steaks in the world.  Truly unfortunate that it has come to this.  We, out west, are a most welcoming group of people,(and easy to get along with), whether it be for hunting or fishing.  I have been a "Hunter Host" for a friend from Houston.  We put a licking on two good sized Alberta bull moose.  I have found it to be a most enjoyable experience to provide hospitality to our southern friends. 
He who has the gold makes the rules!!!

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
Re: Ramifications of BSE
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2004, 05:55:18 PM »
That is really unfortunate.  The border really need to be opened, it is hurting alot of beef processors in the US as well as the ranchers up north.  There is no good reason for them to remain closed.  I could see it for the initial panic but this is getting ridiculous.

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
Re: Ramifications of BSE
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2004, 07:16:07 AM »
Our couple cases of BSE that have made it into the US came from Canada. Seems logical to me that Canada beef would be kept out. Just like UK beef is kept out. Stop the problem before it starts.

CWD is a bigger concern to me and should be to other hunters. Its alot like BSE and it is really effecting certain herds of whitetails. No real practical way to kill it or stop it unless segregated.

Fires lit at a very high temp could not even kill it in the ground dirt in effected areas.

Jon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal