Author Topic: Reloading Nickel Coated Cases  (Read 2583 times)

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
Reloading Nickel Coated Cases
« on: Sep 11, 2004, 12:41:39 PM »
Has anyone ever reloaded the nickel coated cases before?  If they have already been fired will they shoot the same as brass?  Just wondering if there are and advantages or disadvantages to them.  I would imagine they are stiffer than plain brass.  I have a bunch of Winchester Supreme empties that are nickel finish and would like to reload them is why I ask. 
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2004, 05:43:49 PM by PA_BOWHUNTER »

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
Re: Reloading Nickel Coated Cases
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2004, 05:16:13 PM »
I've never reloaded Nickle coated cases. I've always used brass.  Let us know how you make out.

RG

Offline buzz bait

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2004, 10:48:17 PM »
HEY JOSH IS THAT YOU . MY DAD DID A LOT OF RELOADING MOSTTY  PISTOL .357 AND 44 MAGS YOU MIGHT GET A COUPLE TIME TO RELOAD THEM THEY TEND TO CRACK  AROUND THE NECK AND SPLIT IN THE CASE. . ONCE I START RELOADING WHEN I RUN LOW ON AMO IN ABOUT 10 YEARS  ;D MY DAD HAD ENOUGH LOADED FOR A SMALL ARMY.  :o ABOUT THE NICKLE PLATED ONES IN A  RIFLE CASE MIGTHG CRACK WHEN RESIZEING THE NECK A LOT OF PRESSUE THERE .  BRASS IS THE WAY TO GO WE USED TO ORDER OUR BRASS THUR A COMP. CALLED MID -WEST  NOT SURE IF THEY HAVE A SITE  ??? HOPE THIS HELPS

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2004, 07:28:49 AM »
HEY JOSH IS THAT YOU

Yep, it's me! ;D  I had someone else tell me they ran into the neck cracking issue with them.  I was wondering if it was a fluke or a common problem with the stiffer cases.  Sounds like I might better stick with plain brass.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal