Author Topic: Chili cookoff  (Read 2295 times)

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
Chili cookoff
« on: Aug 17, 2007, 10:43:46 PM »
I entered a chili cookoff at a big camping weekend last week.  Out of 20 something entries I took 2nd. place. I was absolotly thrilled. The funny part was that no-one except my wife new that it was venison. Several of my buddies wives carried on about how awesome it was . Only to be suprised when I told them what I made it with. I love cooking and It was kool to take the 2nd place ribbon.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: Chili cookoff
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2007, 04:51:26 PM »
Congrats on placing  8) ............now, are you going to give your fellow MyHuntingForum members your recipe?  ;D

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2007, 11:17:56 PM »
To be totally honest w/ you, I cook by taste !! I start off w/ a basic recipe and go from there. My wife often asks me why I even bother looking at a recipe. My brother has been after me for my recipe for my homemade Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. It is thick and awesome w/ mollasses and brown suger. home grown garlic and onions. But I honestly could not write down the recipe. He's not much of an ice fisherman, but when I said I wanted to make BBQ chicken wings this year, he said he'd be on the ice w/ me.

Offline pooley

• 6 Pointer
  • don't shoot the 2 legged dear!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2008, 08:07:58 PM »
ha-ha, i'm with you, i just wing it. i was in the top 3 last year in my first cookoff, with 24 hours notice! ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal