Author Topic: Lobes' Coffee Shop  (Read 13646 times)

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
Lobes' Coffee Shop
« on: Apr 10, 2007, 05:39:24 PM »
Welcome all hunters!

Thought I'd open this board with a friendly place to say "howdy" and talk about those huntin' trips to break away from it all. I have a cabin on Highbanks Lake and know how great life can be in the UP where people are not afraid to let their hair down and have some fun !!!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: Lobes' Coffee Shop
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2007, 06:58:09 PM »
Howdy lobes. I was in Jackson michigan last summer. I went boar hunting on Ted Nugent's ranch.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2007, 07:21:08 AM »
HOLY CRAP !!!

Talk about dropping a bomb !!
What a privilage that would be! So ... did you score? How did the hunt go? Does Ted actually spend much time there? Talk about a hallowed ground. That Nugent family is something to admire for so many reasons. I think you could be talking about that trip for a lot of years!

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2007, 10:17:13 AM »
Pretty cold and lonley in this here coffee shop.
Maybe I should have opened a topless bar!
At least then if it got cold, it wouldn't be lonely !!!

NBG

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »
I guess I'll chime in if it makes ya feel any better. :) I visited his bow shop he use to have in Jackson years ago to pick up a Martin bow. I thought just maybe he might stop on by to check on the store while I was there but nope, no such luck. I guess if your that popular, and have that much money, you probably have quite a busy schedule. That would have been cool to meet him though.
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »
HOLY CRAP !!!

Talk about dropping a bomb !!
What a privilage that would be! So ... did you score? How did the hunt go? Does Ted actually spend much time there? Talk about a hallowed ground. That Nugent family is something to admire for so many reasons. I think you could be talking about that trip for a lot of years!

I did get a 250 european hog. Uncle ted was in Texas at the time but it was cool seeing where Spirit of the wild is filmed and wanted ted or alive.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline RLWagner

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2007, 01:43:32 PM »
Hey Lobes, thanks for the coffee!! Where is Lakeview? I work in Ann Arbor and live in White Lake, but am unsure of where Lakeview is.

RL

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »
hey lobes were you not over on iceshanty or mff at one time or another?
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2007, 08:33:10 PM »
I guess I'll chime in if it makes ya feel any better. :) I visited his bow shop he use to have in Jackson years ago to pick up a Martin bow. I thought just maybe he might stop on by to check on the store while I was there but nope, no such luck. I guess if your that popular, and have that much money, you probably have quite a busy schedule. That would have been cool to meet him though.

If you read his book God,Guns and Rock and Roll. It he goes into detail about how busy he is on a typical day. i couldent belive how much he manages to cram in to al day. And most of it has to do his family,2 amendment rights and drug prevention.
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »
hey lobes were you not over on iceshanty or mff at one time or another?

I spend quite a bit of time on Iceshanty. Pretty good bunch over there. We need to get more of them to migrate over here during the off season. This really is a cool site, hopefully it gets busyer here!
With bow season in full swing and the pending firearm season coming up we're really busy lately. Getting rifles, shotguns, and muzzelloaders sighted in and blinds set up. Having a tough time getting in front of the computer lately. Seeing so many deer around here it's really heating up. Lots of young bucks to watch waiting for those big boys to come out. The bucks have been running the heck out of the does and they're still playing hard to get. Makes it hard to leave the stand.

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:33:41 PM »
Hey Lobes, thanks for the coffee!! Where is Lakeview? I work in Ann Arbor and live in White Lake, but am unsure of where Lakeview is.

RL

Lakeview is a real little town 40 - 50 miles north and east of Grand Rapids. I'm about 8 miles north and east of that. The deer herd is extremely thick up here with all the farming going on.
I lived in Ann Arbor for about three months when I worked at a little computer factory (Sycor Inc.) south of town there way back in 1973. I was staying in a small apartment on Packard about 7 blocks due east from "The Big House". That was way cool back then witht the tail end of the mini skirt era and Viet Nam stuff going on. That was a terrible war but the changes it sent this country through were exciting at the time.

NBG

Offline RLWagner

• Nubbie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2007, 11:08:14 AM »
The campus cuties are still ripe as mid-rif shirts, and micro-skirts are now in, and when it is cold it's spandex all the way. You would still love it (Them).

Thanks for the line!

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2007, 08:18:45 AM »
The campus cuties are still ripe as mid-rif shirts, and micro-skirts are now in, and when it is cold it's spandex all the way. You would still love it (Them).

Thanks for the line!

I think I just experienced a sensation not unlike a brain freeze !!!

NBG

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »
Firearm season is well under way! So far so good. Seeing tons of deer. I have killed none so far. Having huge fun so far!!!

NBG

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »
Howdy all, Just thought I;d wish you all a happy turkey day and a big good luck on your deer hunting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal