Author Topic: Hunting pics and stories 2015 (post yours here also!)  (Read 4482 times)

Offline OUTHNTN

• Spiked
Hunting pics and stories 2015 (post yours here also!)
« on: Mar 09, 2016, 10:54:07 PM »
Not too many locals thinking hunting yet so I'll start this post to try and get the ball rolling.
Please post pics and stories of your successful hunts from 2015.  I'm going stir crazy recovering from an injury so here goes...

Here's my opening morning Montana archery bull. Crazy thing was he ran to a river after the shot and fell off an embankment and died. And then about 5 minutes after I shot him, a 330" bull came to the exact same spot, bugled numerous times and walked away. I couldn't even take a pic because it was wide open and if I'd have moved to get the camera, he'd have blown out a herd of about 50 elk. I really gotta get a GoPro. Cool thing to see and get the blood pumping on opening morning tho!

His final resting place...

The 330" bull about 150 yards away when I could finally get the camera out undetected.

For the evening hunt that same day, I sat a tripod stand where I'd seen several 140-170" whitetails hanging around the week before.
This big guy came out of the trees at 36 yards and ducked the string :'(. I thought I had the whole thing on video, but must have bumped the camera when I drew the bow so this pic is a frame from the video after he ran out into the field.

Finally shot a nice Muley during rifle season but I'll have to upload and post it later.

Feel free to post your success pics and stories!
Good Huntin' - OH

Offline OUTHNTN

• Spiked
Re: Hunting pics and stories 2015 (post yours here also!)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2016, 12:11:19 AM »
If anyone wants to hunt this area, the outfitter has a few deer hunts left for the 2016 season. Trophy free range wild white tails like the ones in the previous pics or mule deer, your choice. We get some nice Muley's here also. He's offering these hunts with the opportunity to shoot a cow elk at no extra charge. Rifle or bow. Price is right. If interested, pm me and I'll give you the specifics.
Good huntin' - OH

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2016, 07:35:05 AM »
Congrats on the nice bull. Hopfully I'll be able to hunt them one year.  Hopping to head out to Wyoming this September for mule deer if I can get a leftover tag.

Offline OUTHNTN

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2016, 10:50:26 PM »
That's a good looking whitetail. I'm a western hunter, but there's just something about a big racked whitetail that gets the blood pumping. Hope you tag out on a big muley. If Wyoming doesn't work out, MT has tags available for either species. These hunts are priced right for the quality of animals (lower than you might think) and a cow elk hunt thrown in! I'd post his website, but not sure if that's ok here.  If interested, pm me and I'll fill you in.
Good huntin' - OH
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2016, 10:54:01 PM by OUTHNTN »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal