Author Topic: Toxic Broadheads?  (Read 10728 times)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Toxic Broadheads?
« on: Sep 08, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »

So I got a new to me Z7 with every upgrade known to man, I am in love with this bow. Anyone shoot Tixic broadheads that can give me real input on how they shoot brfore I core out a dozen targets?
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
Re: Toxic Broadheads?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2015, 06:13:19 PM »

Thanks Dave, My archery shop took 9 deer with them last season and had nothing but good things to say..... I'm gonna give em a go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDKLxpw31VY
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2015, 06:13:49 PM by mookie »
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2015, 06:30:40 PM »
Mook, are you in the Archery business now?
Peddler

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »
Mook, forgot to tell you my buddy the La Crosse rep got me a pair of Arrowheads last fall NC in the 7mm model and they are great!
Peddler

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »
Mook, are you in the Archery business now?
No Skip, just passing along what John said at Aj's. He and his kids dropped 9 last season and all with Toxics, the photo's were impressive to say the least. He never mentioned tracking issues, but all the reviews have some comments avout weak blood trails. I bought 3 might set up another 3 for Hyperdermics......

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2015, 06:37:26 PM »
Mook, forgot to tell you my buddy the La Crosse rep got me a pair of Arrowheads last fall NC in the 7mm model and they are great!
I'm interested, you got me hooked on Meriano Wool socks bud  ;D

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2015, 06:55:08 PM »
Still hear nothing but bad about them bud
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »
I'm interested, you got me hooked on Meriano Wool socks bud  ;D

Merino is the only thing Mook, I'm glad you liked them. I don't own any cotton socks and haven't for a long time. Cotton kills.
Peddler

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2015, 07:00:42 PM »
Still hear nothing but bad about them bud
Interesting, I might be trying to re-invent the wheel then........

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2015, 07:01:05 PM »

What do you shoot?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2015, 07:08:05 PM »
I'm a G5 diehard, to each there own ask 20 guys get 20 answers in all honesty. I just have yet to hear one local story that ended well with a toxic, take it with a grain because I wasn't the one behind the shot  ;) :P

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2015, 07:15:56 PM »
I'm a G5 diehard, to each there own ask 20 guys get 20 answers in all honesty. I just have yet to hear one local story that ended well with a toxic, take it with a grain because I wasn't the one behind the shot  ;) :P
Makes a cool hole from what I have seen  8) A field point thru the boiler maker will kill a deer, just wondering how they fly really.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #13 on: Sep 08, 2015, 07:19:39 PM »
Funny, my bow came with 12 arrows, all Full Metal Jackets.... all death arrows.... 6 Toxics, 6 G5's  ;D

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »
Yep exactly, you hit where you are supposed to a field point is going to get it done, the biggest complaints I hear are really poor blood trails and it coring s piece of meat like sausage plugging holes and animals ( especially Bear ) running forever.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal