Author Topic: So What's up with Dick's Sporting Good?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
So What's up with Dick's Sporting Good?
« on: Nov 26, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »

My son goes to Dick's yesterday to buy some .22 bullets, the salesman said that he would have to wait till Black Friday, when they go on sale for 20% off, he said he didn't want to come on Black Friday. The clerk said that we weren't selling any till then. Here he's willing to pay full price and they won't sell them.
I've had it that store, I will do my best not to buy anything there. ???

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
Re: So What's up with Dick's Sporting Good?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
It was probably their only box of .22's they had for their come on sale ploy and didn't want to get sued for false advertisement!  ;)
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »
Seems the 22's are a real hot item these days ! I've heard of so many stores being sold out ? even the Cabelas here was stocked out with no answer as to when they would get more stock ? Seems rather strange for a store to refuse to sell something to a paying customer at a non sale price at that ? But maybe as was mentioned , maybe they have limited supplies and running out during a sale would possibly drive customers away ? not sure how the ammunition situation is there ??

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2014, 02:56:25 AM »
Seems the 22's are a real hot item these days ! I've heard of so many stores being sold out ? even the Cabelas here was stocked out with no answer as to when they would get more stock ? Seems rather strange for a store to refuse to sell something to a paying customer at a non sale price at that ? But maybe as was mentioned , maybe they have limited supplies and running out during a sale would possibly drive customers away ? not sure how the ammunition situation is there ??
             There is a shortage everywhere, People are buying them up as fast as they get them, I don't blame my son for not wanting to go shopping on Black Friday, there are a lot of crazies out there, and the store opened at midnight, he wants to be in bed, he has to work on Friday.

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2014, 07:19:14 AM »
Yea , I hear you there about Black Fridays and all the crazies .......been to a couple of sales and people can sure go nuts ! Anyone have a theory or reason as to why the 22's are such a hot item ? why are people stocking up so many , or is there a shortage of something else ?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal