Author Topic: Spent the morning with an old friend  (Read 5893 times)

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
Spent the morning with an old friend
« on: Oct 23, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »
Headed out this morning with the man who introduced me to hunting with dogs. He is one of the nicest guys I have had the privilege of calling my friend. Our schedules dont click very often and I have not hunted with him in a couple years now. The birds were thick and RJ was incredible again. She pointed between 15 and 20 woodcock and we killed 4. I got my limit and we worked on Mikes.He definitely had plenty of opportunity's but the little buggers were a little quicker than he was. He had a blast just the same. Not many pics today, we spent more time chatting it up and laughing then taking pictures.  Here is what Ive got.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: Spent the morning with an old friend
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2012, 09:52:08 AM »
sounds like a nice time and congrats on the birds.....always nice to remember and laugh with an old friend

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »
Sorry I missed you this time Bud, had to get south for this afternoon. That dog is a good one.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »
Looks like a great time..   Congratulations on the birds..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2012, 02:56:51 PM »
bEAUTIFUL LOOKING PECTURES
no information

Offline kevinmaine3

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2012, 03:06:15 PM »
Congrats on the birds ;D ;D
 Even better tho, you had a great day with a friend.. I remember the days I only shot one or two birds but my ribs hurt from laughing so much with a good friend than thoes days I spent alone and limited out.. 8)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »
Congrats on the birds. 8)

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
Sorry I missed you this time Bud, had to get south for this afternoon. That dog is a good one.
Beck and I were just talking about you and Amy while eating dinner. Told her the only thing that would have topped the day was a hunt with my friends from the south. lol If you could point Tim and I in a direction  for birds I sure would appreciate it. We are heading into it blind. I know if I can put RJ in the neighborhood she will find them.  Rebs hanging on for one more hunt and Im not sure if I have it in me. I feel like I kind of owe it to him hes been a hell of a dog. Wish we could have got Izah up here this year. My buddy has a lead on a nice female and if it pans out we will have to plan a bird hunting / coon hunting trip.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
Beck and I were just talking about you and Amy while eating dinner. Told her the only thing that would have topped the day was a hunt with my friends from the south. lol If you could point Tim and I in a direction  for birds I sure would appreciate it. We are heading into it blind. I know if I can put RJ in the neighborhood she will find them.  Rebs hanging on for one more hunt and Im not sure if I have it in me. I feel like I kind of owe it to him hes been a hell of a dog. Wish we could have got Izah up here this year. My buddy has a lead on a nice female and if it pans out we will have to plan a bird hunting / coon hunting trip.

I'll text you some areas to try. I would think if you left Tims and took a couple rights on the snow sled trail that would produce.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »
Thats kind of what we were thinking. Then just drive around untill we see a cover that looks good or an over grown old cutt road.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal